Senior Embedded Software Engineer (GNSS Automotive Products)
Location City Athens
Location Country Greece
Role also available in
About u-blox u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Looking for Clever Heads!
u-blox, as a leading provider of navigation solutions for the automotive market, continues to expand its efforts in this important field with an increased focus on new challenges such as high accuracy positioning and security. These new challenges are driven by the need for modern automotive applications demanded by vehicle manufacturers, for example lane accurate position, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), and V2X.
Our vision is to continue to develop automotive navigation solutions that are reliable, robust, accurate, and secure. If you are looking to join a team that is making this vision reality by building cutting-edge technology used in millions of vehicles around the world, this may be the opportunity you are looking for.
You are an engineer with a genuine interest in automotive product development. You should be a quick learner, enthusiastic about technology, hands-on and eager to contribute towards building our new automotive products.
- Define, develop, test and document software components related to GNSS automotive product development
- Integration of new features, test and release of the product to customer
- Development of tools for test and release automation
- Follow software process procedures and product life-cycle with customer cases
- Provide analysis and workarounds or fixes for bugs and non-conformities
- Clear and concise documentation of work
- Learn, improve and grow in an agile environment
Your skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Communication Systems
- Embedded software engineering experience (2+ Years)
- Strong C language skills
- Real-time Operating Systems knowledge
- Hands-on experience in embedded systems development
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Familiar with version controlling systems (git, SVN) and integrated development environments (Eclipse IDE, Visual Studio or similar)
- Team player with the ability to work independently within broader project teams
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of GNSS technology navigation algorithms
- Perl, Python, Matlab or similar scripting languages
Perks and Benefits
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid work model (40% remote/60% office) & flexible working hours
- Training and career growth opportunities
- Company Bonus and Stock Option Plan
- Parking lot or public transportation subscription
- Relocation costs supported
- Social benefits according to location:
- Meal vouchers, Health & Life Insurance, Private Pension Plan, 50% income tax relief for all citizens (EU and non-EU) relocating to Greece
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
[To send your CV olease click here.]