Weddings & Events F&B Supervisor/Maître
Santorini Gem Wedding Venue, is currently looking to hire a
Weddings & Events F&B Supervisor/Maître
We are looking for motivated people who are able to excel in their careers and provide excellent service in an environment where they can thrive.
If you have experience as an Events Supervisor and you are enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable, then we want to hear from you!
Brief Job Description:
The Weddings & Events Supervisormust:
- Work closely with the Venue Manager and Venue Coordinator to insure employees are following company's standards
- Coordinate and deliver all requirements of events including: room setups, service during the event, room clean up and room reset
- Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time.
- Operation of basic audio visual requirements for events under the direction of the Venue Manager and Venue Coordinator
- Actively ensure presentation standards are maintained across the public areas of the venue
- Supervise assigned events and take responsibility of any last minute changes the organizer may make, and act upon them confidently
- Work closely with the Kitchen, planning team and other industry professionals to ensure correct information has been communicated
- Hold regular team briefings to ensure all team members are fully aware of upcoming event requirements, service schedules and menus
- Work alongside team members to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered and the expectations of our guests are consistently exceeded
- Assist industry professionals with any questions or support they might require at each event
- Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and managers instructions.
- Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards.
- Discuss any last minute changes with the banquet team.
- Ensure all guest requirements are set and ready 30 minutes before event start time.
- Coordinates function details with banquet, conference planning, and kitchen staff.
- Maintain constant contact with the banquet chef, to ensure conclusion between food production and food service.
- Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings.
- Actively participates in set up of banquet rooms and service of food and beverage to guests.
- Communicates frequently with fellow supervisors and banquet managers as to the progress of the days work.
- Communicates frequently with function hosts in order to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Ensure high grooming and hygiene standards are met by all banquet staff.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimising waste and broken or lost supplies.
- Assists the Venue Manager to establish maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and facilities.
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Ability to take and pass all training provided and required by the banquet department to complete daily operational duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours of Duty:
Your hours of work will highly variable based on event and function bookings.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Ability to work highly flexible hours, including early mornings, nights and weekends
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of a wide variety of events including meetings, functions, dinners
- Demonstrated experience in managing customer expectations and the provision of high quality customer service
- High level of communication skills, both in verbal and written form and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent command of written and oral English and Greek language. Any other extra language will be considered as an asset.
- Computer literature in Microsoft Windows applications required (MS Office, Internet Applications)
- Be flexible and capable to work under pressure, be proactive and responsible, possessing strong organizational with a customer-centric attitude
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills, strong organization skills
- Food and Beverage knowledge
- Teamwork spirit with positivity
- Strong Service-based and detail oriented mindset
- Excellent personal presentation
- Driving License is required
Santorini Gem Wedding Venue offers:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Supportive management
- Pleasant working environment
- Competitive salary
[To send your CV please click here.]