Vacancy name: Head of PLM/QMS Applications
Location city: Cambourne
Location region: Cambridgeshire
Location country: United Kingdom
Role also available in: Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany
About u-blox: u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA (www.u-blox.com).
If you're a skilled and experienced PLM/QMS Manager, join our multinational IT Team to lead the team responsible for the PLM/QMS solutions with your specific expertise steering the strategic direction towards fully implemented services matching u-blox specific business needs.
As the Head of the PLM/QMS Applications, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of approximately 4 to 5 and ensuring effective management of the introduction, development, integration, customization, ongoing support, and maintenance of u-blox Product Lifecycle Management system and related solutions and services.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in dealing with various tools and processes related to Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Quality Management Systems (QMS), including PIM/PDM, product requirements management, and related product quality applications, and in driving innovation and improvement in these areas, while consolidating whenever possible the landscape.
The position holder will work closely together with the internal IT Leadership Team and with stakeholders in other functions, especially with the R&D and Quality teams (end-users), as well as with the external consultants, and will report to the Head of Applications.
You will be working in a high-tech, innovative, and multicultural environment, in which you will leverage your expertise, autonomy, and coordination skills.
The role is located in Cambourne and can be also located in Athens or Berlin. We can't consider contractors or fully remote applicants.
- Lead and manage a team of PLM and QMS professionals, providing guidance, support, and mentoring to ensure high performance and productivity, fostering a collaborative and positive work environment, and promoting effective communication and teamwork.
- Support PLM and QMS Strategy, interact and coordinate with Subject Matter Experts and various stakeholders to develop and implement strategic plans for PLM and QMS systems, aligning with the organization's goals and objectives. Collaborate with SMEs to identify opportunities for process and tooling improvement and optimization and to understand the end-to-end functionality and impact of PLM/QMS within our landscape.
- Product Data Management (PDM):
- Oversee the management of product-related information, ensuring accurate and up-to-date data is available across the organization, contributing to the Product Data Domain management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the establishment of data governance standards and data integrity practices.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external consultants and vendors regarding any configuration, customization, integration, and training for any application included in the PLM platform following up and fostering the adoption of the PLM/QMS platform.
- Ensure service availability and security and compliance of the solutions included in the PLM/QMS platform in cooperation with the other respective team of experts.
- Keep control of the overall PLM/QMS platform architecture. Give guidance during the assessment of any tools and services entering the PLM platform landscape and any integration with the PLM/QMS solutions.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Engineering, Business Administration) is required, a Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (min 3+ years, 5+ years is a plus) of professional deep experience in a similar PLM or QMS management role, preferably in a product-focused industry as the leader of a team managing PLM technologies
- Very good experience supporting gathering, collecting, and validating requirements from the business stakeholders (internal and external), and leading challenging projects, ideally in the manufacturing area
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end product development processes and best practices (Agile and semiconductor or high-tech are a plus.)
- Strong knowledge and experience with PDM and generally with Product Data Domain. Experience with PIM is a plus.
- Good leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a diverse team and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both visual and verbal (fluent English is mandatory), with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with the following areas would be beneficial: technical change management, technical classification, process design, quality, CAD, parts management, and bill of materials
- Proven experience with integrating PLM and ERP platforms and data domains
- Good knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies
- Experience with:
- Requirements management toolchain: Jama (is a plus), Polarion, CodeBeamer, Doors, Jira, etc.
- PLM technologies: Arena (a plus), Windchill, Teamcenter, Enovia, SAP PLM, Aras, etc.
- CAD PCB technologies: Altium is a plus.
- Quality applications related to product lifecycle
- Cloud platform experience (AWS is a plus.)
- PLM power user, with experience directly supporting adoption and providing training courses to new and existing customers in the PLM area
- Previous experience in the IoT/semiconductor manufacturing world is a plus.
What are your perks?
- A multicultural and international company with over 60 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working model & flexible working hours
- A strong learning environment and regular career discussions
- Company Performance Bonus and Long-term Incentive Plan
… and discover even more by talking with us!
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
[To send your CV please click here.]