Are you passionate about hospitality and creating memorable experiences to employees and guests?
Do you have the skills and experience to lead the culinary team in a 5* hotel in one of the most iconic integrated resorts in Greece?
If the answer is a definite "yes", we are keen to hear from you.
Key accountabilities and ownership
- Lead of the kitchen brigade and ensure ongoing development of team members.
- Identify an effective approach to succession planning.
- Create menus that meet and exceed customers' needs and conform to brand standards.
- Ensure the consistent production of high-quality food through all hotel food outlets.
- Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with guests, team members, contractors, and suppliers.
- Resolve promptly and completely any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas among guests and team members.
- Manage department operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, and waste management.
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions.
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets.
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands.
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated.
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health & safety and food safety legislation.
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives.
- Manage food control systems are adhered to them so margins are on target in a pro-active way.
- Ensure food wastage program is adhered to so that margins are on target.
What are we looking for:
- previous, relevant experience as an executive chef or a high-performing sous chef in a first-class property
- excellent leadership skills
- a creative approach to the production of high-quality food
- a business focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen
- excellent planning and organizational skills
- ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- integrity & authenticity
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Ongoing development and growth opportunities
At Porto Carras Grand Resort we believe that people are crucial to the success of our journey, and diversity is a key element. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting inclusion for all and as such we encourage everyone to apply.
[To send your CV please click here.]