Vacancy name: PLM Developer
Location city: Cambourne
Location region: Cambridgeshire
Location country: United Kingdom
Role also available in: Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany
About u-blox: u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA (www.u-blox.com).
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive PLM Developer to join our multinational IT Team who will spearhead the technical aspects of our corporate Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and associated tools.
You will leverage your analytical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and strong teamwork skills to drive technical initiatives and transform collected business requirements into innovative technological solutions, configuring the PLM tool to optimize its capabilities and expanding its functionality whenever necessary.
Collaboration and teamwork are essential qualities for this role, as the PLM Developer will work closely with different stakeholders to design and implement the solutions, but also to analyze specific requirements and provide technical support.
In addition to your technical expertise, you will play a role in supporting the documentation of our PLM systems into the Enterprise Architecture Management system, ensuring the PLM technical solutions are in alignment with our overall business objectives and architecture standards.
Join our team, working in a high-tech, innovative, and multicultural environment, and contribute to the development and enhancement of u-blox PLM systems, driving innovation and efficiency in our organization.
The role is located in Cambourne and can be also located in Athens or Berlin. We can't consider contractors or fully remote applicants.
- Drive and execute technical activities related to the corporate Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, including designing, developing, maintaining, and documenting the system and related tools.
- Configure the PLM tool effectively, leveraging its capabilities to meet business needs and enhance productivity.
- Optimize PLM systems and implement customizations and extensions using coding techniques where necessary.
- Work with cross-functional internal and external teams taking ownership of the integrations with the PLM platform ensuring seamless connectivity and data flow between the PLM system and other relevant tools.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to analyze business requirements and translate them into technological solutions and improvements within the PLM system.
- Act as a proactive and collaborative teammate, actively engaging with cross-functional teams, sharing knowledge and best practices, and providing technical guidance and support as required.
- Follow up and foster the adoption of the platform by supporting the internal customers, including writing usage guides, and organizing training
- Stay updated with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and trends in PLM and related domains, and proactively identify opportunities for system enhancements.
- Support the documentation of the PLM systems within the Enterprise Architecture Management system, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information regarding system architecture, integrations, and dependencies, and support coordinating the assessment and the integration of any tools and services in the Applications Landscape with the PLM system and solutions.
Your skills and experience
- 3+ years of education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering (or any equivalent STEM discipline)
- Proven 3+ years of professional experience in designing, developing, and maintaining PLM systems and solutions (Windchill, Teamcenter, Enovia, SAP PLM, Aras, etc.), preferably with expertise in Arena PLM
- Proficiency in integrating PLM systems with other tools and systems, ensuring smooth data flow and interoperability, and knowledge of database technologies (e.g., SQL, NoSQL)
- Good know-how and experience in system configuration management and version control tools, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices and tools
- Self-driven and proactive mindset, with good communication skills (fluent English) and the ability to identify opportunities for process improvements, propose innovative solutions, and drive projects to completion within given timelines
- Good teamwork and collaboration abilities, with a proactive mindset to drive projects forward and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Continuous learning mindset, staying up-to-date with the latest PLM trends, technologies, and industry best practices
- Knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies and their application in PLM
- Experience in at least one Cloud platform and developing on it (AWS is preferred.)
- Familiarity with the following areas would be beneficial: technical change management, technical classification, process design, quality, bill of materials, PLM-ERP integration
- Familiarity with enterprise architecture management systems and the ability to document PLM systems within such frameworks
- Experience in training end-users and providing technical support for PLM systems
- Previous experience in the IoT/semiconductor manufacturing world is a plus.
What are your perks?
- A multicultural and international company with over 60 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working model & flexible working hours
- A strong learning environment and regular career discussions
- Company Performance Bonus and Long-term Incentive Plan
and discover even more by talking with us!
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
[To send your CV please click here.]