Full Stack Software Engineer
Location City Athens
Location Country Greece
Role also available in Reigate, UK
About u-blox u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
Full Stack Software Engineer
As a member of our motivated, highly collaborative Scrum Team you will help us to develop the company’s industry-standard application using state-of-the-art Web Technologies. The widely used legacy application is used both by our R&D engineers and customers to develop, evaluate and test u-blox highly configurable GNSS receivers used by our customers for tracking, location services, automotive, and IoT product solutions.
Working on such a product is equally challenging and rewarding. Are you up for it?
Try out what you will work on: https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/u-center
The role is available in Athens/Greece
- Develop software as part of a heterogenous Scrum team. Getting involved with the whole product lifecycle and in all aspects of the product development
- Develop new and improve existing features
- Improve the functionality, usability, architecture and quality of the software
- Work closely with team members as well as stakeholders to achieve the best possible outcome
Your Skills, Experience, Requirements
- Programming language and tools knowledge:
- React frameworks (e.g. Redux)
- Version control software (preferably git), CI/CD system (preferably GitLab or Jenkins)
- Experience with Automated testing tools
- Critical thinker with skills to solve problems independently with focus on quality
- You are a pro-active and flexible team player with the ability and motivation to work as part of a Scrum team
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Higher education in relevant field
- Greek/EU/Schengen or holder of work permit for Greece
- Electron, Webpack, Asynchronous programming (e.g.: RxJS)
- Experience in TDD, automated integration and regression testing
- Network and IPC programming
- Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Cloud development (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- GNSS experience
Perks and Benefit
- A multicultural and international company with over 60 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working model & flexible working hours
- A strong learning environment and regular career discussions
- Company Performance Bonus and Long-term Incentive Plan
- Social benefits according to location
Athens: Meal vouchers, Health & Life Insurance, Private Pension Plan, Relocation tax grant (State grant of 50% tax reduction for 7 years)
Learn more about your future working environment within our Positioning Product Center here!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
[To send your CV please click here.]