Vacancy name: Java Developer (Data Protection Service)
Location city: Cambourne
Location country: United Kingdom
Role also available in: Athens, Greece; Berlin, Germany
About u-blox: u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u-blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA (www.u-blox.com).
As a talented Java Developer, you will join our multinational IT Team and you will support developing production services applications and integration, from the requirements gathering to the definition, design, implementation, and documentation.
It is a technical role where you will strive to apply best practices to all the development phases and collaborate with our architects to improve the ways we're managing development within the production services area, focusing on high-performance, reliable solutions.
The position holder will be part of the Technical Applications Team working closely together with the internal end-users (R&D teams and Production Engineering team).
You will be working in a high-tech, innovative and multicultural environment, in which you will leverage your expertise, autonomy, and analytical skills.
- Further develop and maintain u-blox DPS (Data Protection Service), creating and updating related technical documentation.
- Work together with the DPS product owner and other team members to organize DPS development and release cycles.
- Maintain integrations between the DPS and other core u-blox IT technologies (e.g. Identity Management).
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Security team to assure compliance with company defined security standards.
- Collaborate closely with the rest of IT team and R&D stakeholders to properly deploy software releases.
- Support of internal customers, writing usage guides, and organizing trainings
- Support of internal customers in troubleshooting issues.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent education
- Proficient in Java (J2SE) and C/C++
- Good knowledge of security concepts (e.g. PKI, HSM and encryption)
- Experience in versioning and continuous build and integration (Git or similar)
- Hands-on development experience with databases SQL-based RDBMS (Postgres is a plus.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Proactive and motivated team player with the ability to work independently and a can-do attitude.
- Fluent English communication skills (written, spoken)
- Holder of a valid work permit for the Uk
- Familiarity with software development and deployment on AWS environment (serverless programming, infrastructure as a code)
- Familiarity with identity management.
- Understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Work experience in a global environment
What are your perks?
- A multicultural and international company with over 60 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Hybrid working model and flexible working hours
- A strong learning environment and regular career discussions
- Company performance bonus and long-term incentive plan
and discover even more by talking with us!
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
[To send your CV please click here.]