Are you interested in working with a leading education technology player, the global leader in the assessment and certification of professional skills industry with presence in more than 200 countries worldwide? If so, this is the chance to apply now!
As a Cost Controller you will be responsible for monitoring and analysing costs to support business needs and suggesting appropriate recommendations and corrective actions. You will analyse budgeting and forecasting reports for the purpose of maintaining effective control for expenditures. Your key objective will be to add value to the business leveraging on personal experience, skills and knowledge on the discipline and industry.
As a Cost Controller your tasks will include the following:
- Monitor budget variances and provide insights to management regarding potential cost overruns or savings opportunities
- Research to find opportunities to reduce expenses and identify process inefficiencies or bottlenecks that may contribute to increased costs
- Develop cost-efficient solutions to implement changes
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses for proposed initiatives and provide recommendations to support decision-making, by writing reports and presenting information to key stakeholders, conveying key messages in an efficient and easy-to-grasp manner
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process of the organization
- Cooperate with key managers to create effective budgets and help them meet budgeting goals
- Develop financial reporting procedures and systems
- Prepare various ad hoc reports as requested by internal and external business partners
- Works efficiently in a team environment within the department and effectively liaises with the various departments within the organization
- Adheres to and implements the procedures, policies and work instructions of the organization
What we look for:
- Bachelor's and Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field. A relevant professional certification (e.g., CMA, CPA) is a plus.
- 7 years of proven experience in cost control, financial analysis, or related roles in a multinational working environment.
- Strong understanding of financial principles, budgeting processes, and cost management techniques.
- Proficiency in using financial software and tools for analysis and reporting.
- Excellent command of the English language (C2 level certification desired,LanguageCert C2 LTEorC2 IESOL certificate would be a plus) .
- Advanced computer literacy is required. ECDL Advance level certification is desirable.
- Analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills to convey financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and influence decision-making.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Work in an international, dynamic and fun atmosphere
- Two free vouchers for all certifications from PeopleCert's Portfolio per year for all employees
- Huge learning experience in using best practices and global environment
- Constant personal and professional development
- 100% Virtual Hiring Process
If you want to become a member of our international, dynamic and agile team that creates world leading software products, then we should certainly like to hear from you!
PeopleCert is a global leader in assessment and certification of professional skills, partnering with multi-national organizations and government bodies for the development & delivery of standardized exams. Delivering exams across 200 countries and in 25 languages over its state-of-the-art assessment technology, PeopleCert enables professionals to boost their careers and realize their life ambitions.
Quality, Innovation, Passion, Integrity are the core values which guide everything we do.
Our offices in UK, Greece, and Cyprus boast a culture of diversity, where everyone is different, yet everyone fits in. All of us at PeopleCert are committed to the reflection of the diversity and inclusion of our customers and the communities in which we do business.
Working on Home Office (HO) Secure English Language Tests (SELTs)
Any person who is engaged by PeopleCert to work on the SELT service must undergo a Background Check (the results of which must be acceptable to PeopleCert and the HO) prior to commencing their SELT duties. All SELT personnel will be required to complete a declaration (provided by PeopleCert) where the existence of any criminal record and/or bankruptcy must be declared.
If working on the SELT service in the UK, background checks will include:
- A basic or enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Right to Work in the UK check (including nationality, identity and place of residence)
- HO security check (Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) or Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
- Financial background check
- Employment reference check.
- If working on the SELT service anywhere in the world (outside of the UK) personnel will undergo background checks that are equivalent to those stated for the UK.
In addition, if personnel are required to speak to SELT candidates they must be appropriately skilled in English language and, where SELT services are provided anywhere in the world (outside of the UK), the official language of the relevant country.