Accountant / Asstistant Accountant
Requested by Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection resort, Marriott International, accountant for day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients as they work with and understand these processes. Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution. 4-6 years of work experience in a similar capacity is ideal. Knowledge in Opera PMS and Atlantis E.R.P is preferred. Located HQ at Athens and moving to Mykonos for the season for business needs.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major
- Experience in credit control is essential
- Experience of credit card reconciliations
Core work activities:
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements.
- Review, reconcile, and/or process credit card vouchers, advance deposits, overpayment, cancelled reservations and voucher invoices.
- Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
- Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property.
- Verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
- Entering all Opex invoices (general expenses, maintenance, insurance, recurring Capex etc) in the ERP system.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals:
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Completes period end function each period.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Protect company assets
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge:
- Very good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and accounting principals
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees Manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]