Epoque Collection is committed to becoming a pioneer Hotel Management Company in Greece, being widely accepted and known for offering the highest level of expertise with the most impressive financial results for Owners, whilst implementing tailor made efficient solutions based on each property’s potential.
We are a team of creative hospitality experts that puts people first and consistently seeks to uplift through our integrity, empathy and loyalty. We act with professionalism, passion and generosity and we carefully select our partners ensuring, that first and foremost, we share the same philosophy. Together we develop brands that offer uncompromising standards, unique gastronomy and are situated in exquisite locations where each concept, reflects the identity and heritage of its specific location.
We are currently seeking for an experienced Accountant to join our new, prestigious 5* hotel located in the center of Athens. With 44 luxurious bedrooms, and a unique, world-renowned dining experience, the hotel will be an intimate home and a meeting place both for our international guests and the Athenian crowd.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping according to the Greek Accounting Standards
- Ensure that all incoming and outgoing money is accurately recorded and handled; responsible for investigating any discrepancies.
- Assist the Financial Controller in day-to-day finance operations, including financial and tax audits, preparation of tax returns, systems administration, General Ledger account reconciliation, budget preparations, inventories, month-end and year-end closings.
- Post ledger payments in the hotel PMS, reconcile and bill all.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Conduct vendor cheques and employee expense cheques.
- Maintain an effective and efficient filing system of financial records for audit purposes.
- Ensure correct taxation is applied on all billing software like hotel PMS, Point of Sale (POS) etc.
- Prepare monthly audits of inventories and enter final inventory totals into spreadsheet.
- Work in conjunction with HRM to handle and support all payroll-related functions, including payroll processing and distribution of payment on a monthly basis, maintenance of employee records, etc.
- Go over time sheets and paperwork to make sure the information is correct and consistent with actual hours worked by employees.
- Make adjustments and deductions for each employee and manage payroll-related benefits, like vacations and sick days.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an accountant in the hotel industry
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- Very good knowledge of Greek Accounting Standards
- Excellent knowledge of controlling Payroll
- Excellent knowledge of English language both written and verbal
- Computer literacy & knowledge of Hospitality PMS, Excel
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent time management and multitasking.
[To sensd your CV please click here]