G4S Hellas Holding, a member of Allied Universal ® - the world’s leading integrated security company, is looking for an experienced and data oriented Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Metamorphosis, Athens
The potential candidate will be responsible for reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a deep knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
This is a great hands-on opportunity in a fast changing environment which provides excellent developmental prospects.
- Manage all accounting transactions: Submit and control expenses invoices according to guidelines and accounting principles.
- Perform various period-end financial close activities within specific deadlines
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations
- Oversee I/C balances & transactions
- Keep track of accruals and prepayments backed with the relevant documentation and calculations.
- Calculate and review VAT and related taxes
- Reassess current processes and suggest improvements
- Comply with financial policies and procedures according to Local GAAP and IFRS.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related fields
- Proven 5 years of working experience as an Accountant within a multinational organization
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and ERP software, preferably with Microsoft Dynamics (Axapta)
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and IFRS and/or US GAAP
- Excellent use of Google workspace (sheets, docs, etc) or MS Office.
- Advanced MS Excel or Google Sheet skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Ability to work under pressure with strict month end deadlines
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes attractive salary, private health and life insurance, meal vouchers, continuous training and above all a collaborative modern work environment with unlimited possibilities for career development in a multinational organization.
G4S is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities! If you correspond to the above criteria please don’t hesitate to click the Apply button and send us your resume
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]