Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel, Athens is looking for an
Assistant Banquet Manager (Seasonal)
We are looking for individuals who have solid management skills, evidence a solid work ethic, proven leadership skills in a hotel environment, highest level of integrity and transparency.
- Ensure high quality guest service in his/her area; is highly visible and actively participates in service; assists in taking and serving orders
- Maximize revenue by effective table management; plans for additional resources during high volume periods
- Engage in guest interaction in a sensitive and appropriate manner; creates personalized experiences; establishes a network of regular guests and keeps relevant and accurate records
- Provide genuine hospitality and recognition, acts as host/hostess in the work area. Promote resort services and products
- Plan and execute events; proposes menus and wine recommendations to event organizers
- Take ownership of guest concerns and requests and acts decisively to ensure guest satisfaction when glitches occur
- Is seen as actively developing his/her culinary and wine knowledge; Conducts regular food and wine tastings for employees; instills excitement and passion for international cuisines and wines in his/her team
- Inspect and ensure the work area is in good physical repair; reports defects and ensures timely rectification
- Perform pre- and post-service checks; ensures subordinates are immaculately groomed and aware of daily specials and promotional offers
- Ensure all resources for and efficient operation are in place; takes routine inventories and re-orders operating supplies when necessary
- Is highly sensitive to guest preferences; assists in compiling guest history; offers a special service touch when an opportunity is presented
- Assist the department head in sales and marketing activities, conducts and evaluates routine sales analysis and competitive pricing surveys; keeps abreast of F&B trends and new developments in the market
- Conduct routine maintenance and housekeeping inspections
- Has relevant experience in a 5 star hotel/resort
- Possesses aptitude, management skills and upward mobility
- Possesses excellent English, math and psychometric abilities
- Possesses business acumen, well developed guest PR skills and personal flair
- Has a well-developed interest in food and wines; has undergone professional training in food and wine knowledge; is a 'foodie'
- Possesses EU passport
Four Seasons has been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for since 1998.
We’re looking for individuals with not only the right skills and attitude for the role, but also the passion to excel.
The rebirth of a Greek legend:
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is set to redefine the luxury hotel market in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean. Following a complete remodeling and renovation, this iconic Greek resort will once again dazzle one and all who come to savor the crystal clear waters of the Aegean sea.
It is difficult to articulate just how big a deal this really is for Athens. Astir Palace is an institution that has transcended hospitality and tourism since the early sixties to become part of the fabric of Greek high society, politics and global celebrity. The sense of anticipation about its reopening is palpable in the community surrounding the resort but also among its competitor hotels who will once again have to contend with its awesome attraction for local and international visitors.
The arrival of Four Seasons in Athens is indeed a landmark development for the company and a statement of intent about how serious it is in operating top end leisure resorts in Europe.
Astir's new owners have spared no cost in restoring this Aegean Goddess to every bit of her former glory and much more. The resort boasts not one but two hotel concepts, totaling 303 keys, eight eclectic food and beverage outlets and a myriad of luxury outdoor amenities including private pools, an exclusive beach, tennis academy and state of the art Spa.
If you want to be part of this unique opportunity on the Greek Riviera, just 25 minutes from Athens, don't wait, apply now!
All you need to do is to send us your updated cv at
[To send your CV please click here.]