Assistant Supply Chain Manager
The Assistant Supply Chain Manager is responsible for coordinating production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage and processing of inventory.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Conduct or oversee the conduct of life cycle analyses to determine the environmental impacts of products, processes, or systems.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products.
- Investigate or review the carbon footprints and environmental performance records of current or potential storage and distribution service providers.
- Locate or select biodegradable, non-toxic, or other environmentally friendly raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- B.S. degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or similar
- Any postgraduate degree will be considered as an asset
- At least 2-4 years of previous working experience in a similar position,preferably in the same industry field or the food sector
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Successful work experienceto a relevant role
- Exceptional talent in negotiating and networking
- Outstanding decision-making skills and ability to work well with numbers
- Significant experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Excellent, mature leadership capabilities
- Previous experience in the food sector, and especially the juice industry will be considered as an asset
- Experience working within an ISO quality plan is an asset
- Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail are required
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Sound knowledge of English and any other language, preferably Arabic, Spanish or Portuguese
- Active and motivated person
- Able to pursue and achieve goals
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage different responsibilities
- Team player, critical thinker, flexible and structured
Required license or certification:
- Professional ethics
- Communicational skills
- Teamwork cooperation
- Problems and conflicts solving
- Critical thinking and observation
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Time management
- Working under pressure conditions
- Athens or any other country where the company has operations
Kindly send your resumes.
[To send your CV please click here]