At Metron Energy Applications, we are looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join a team of highly qualified professionals and get involved in the full Automation projects lifecycle for industrial solutions.
Successful candidates will provide automation solution services to METRON’s customers. They will work independently and as members of a team to fulfill service / project requests. This is a customer facing role and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent communication skills.
- Define, design, develop and commission plant-wide control systems for industrial projects.
- Design the control system’s technical specifications (control narratives, functional descriptions), system architecture drawings, PLC programming (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Schneider Electric), HMI configuration (Rockwell Software, Wonderware).
- Prepare the technical portion of the detailed control engineering scope, inspection and test plans, construction scope of work, and commissioning plans.
- Effectively communicate with project stakeholders to resolve technical issues across all phases of the project.
- Provide construction supervision, lead commissioning & start-up activities during control system implementation.
- Demonstrating effective leadership of engineering teams.
- Strong commitment to quality and engineering design processes.
- Successfully manage technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning, and maintenance phases.
- University degree in Automation or a related field
- Knowledge of process control and instrumentation
- Strong oral and written skills (in English)
- Project Management skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Fulfilled Military Services
- Projects implementation experience with Allen Bradley / Siemens hardware and software would be considered an asset
- Experience in the design, specification and commissioning of controls equipment for Oil & Gas systems would be considered an asset
If you are willing to become part of our team of professionals and make a difference, please send a detailed CV
[To send your CV please click here]