Are you an experienced bank professional ready for the next step for your career? Do you think that taking more responsibilities will be an attractive challenge for you? If so, this could be the ideal role for you. We are seeking a bank operations manager to supervise internal procedures, payment functions and banking correspondence procedures, on behalf of a reputable cooperative in Greece.
As a bank operations manager, your responsibilities will include:
Governance and internal procedures
- participate in establishing and implementing appropriate procedures regarding the payments function to ensure that the bank fully complies on a timely and constant basis with the regulatory framework in force and its internal policies
- inform the CEO and the Board of Directors about any material breach of the regulatory framework or any important deficiencies and/or needs regarding the payments function
- when the regulatory framework and/or payment systems rules in force is amended, participate in the relevant adjustment of the internal procedures and the internal regulatory framework applied by the bank units regarding payments.
- Assist other departments in projects related to payments automatization, such as SWIFT system, TARGET2 system, new products etc.
Correspondent banking and payment systems relations
- develop and support the correspondent relations of the bank with the credit institutions, that are approved by the Board of Directors
- assess of propose correspondent relations and forming proposals to the management for future cooperation
- provide all the necessary documentation of the bank to the correspondent banks and payment systems and receive any necessary documents and information from them. Maintain the appropriate record of all the correspondent banks and payment system documentation.
- open and maintain correspondent accounts, as well as establishment and support of bilateral interchange agreements with the approved correspondent banks
- perform the duties of a contact person for payment infrastructure related databases and information systems, such as Bankers' Almanac, SWIFT, Target, BIC etc.
- maintain and reconcile of Nostro/Vostro/Clearing accounts in the banking system
- respond to all queries for AML purposes received from the correspondent banks / payment systems, maintain the record of such instances
- execute all necessary actions for the proper organization and operation of SWIFT messages exchange
- have the role of final authorization for all the client payments in the banking system, including the final authorization of SWIFT messages
- control of all the SWIFT messages for completeness and accuracy
- receive the incoming payments in the banking system and forward them for further actions internally
- monitor the non completed transactions
- payments monitoring for the purpose of internal reporting, maintaining general statistics for payment and commission volumes
- consult the client servicing personnel on rules and processes of payments and client support for payments related issues through the client servicing personnel
As the ideal candidate for the bank operations manager position, you need to have the following:
- Degree in finance, business administration or related field
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of local and international AML requirements and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills in Greek and English (written/oral)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
If you are interested in this bank operation manager position, apply now. For more information, you can contact me, Eva Stamou
Please note that for transparency and equity reasons, only those applications made online via our site will be assessed. After the screening of all the CVs received, we will only contact the candidates who meet the requirements of the job to arrange an interview. All applications are considered strictly confidential.
Πατήστε εδώ για να κάνετε αίτηση τώρα