We are looking for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team of our Grace Hotel Santorini, part of the Auberge Resorts Collection, as a Bartender.
Responsible for the operation of all aspects and functions of the assigned bar outlet, in accordance with hotel standards. Able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. Directs, implements and maintains BAR service within the Hotel, and ensure that customers are served promptly & courteously. Oversee hygiene and safety regulations while work as part of the wider hotel team in order to promote a positive image of the Hotel at all times.
This position reports directly to the Restaurant Manager
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Service Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Will confidently serve restaurant tables for busy breakfast / lunch / dinner periods and when needed.
- Provide guidance to guests on Hotel services and activities, dining options and general information.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions.
- Development and implementation of new international trends to set exceedingly expected standards within the industry.
- Implement and ensure the Company Health, Hygiene & Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Establish par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Responsibility for all beverage purchases, inventories and stock levels within the operation.
- Regularly check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Review sales and beverage costs;
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Follow all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in, Wines and Spirits, Food & Beverage, or related field.
- Previous bartending experience required in a Luxury property.
- Excellent knowledge of Food and Beverage, including service, policies and procedures, wines and latest trends.
- Experience in handling Point of sale (POS) terminals and Stock & Inventory management software.
- Talented in engaging with guests
- Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages.
- Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to control factors affecting budget.
- Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of highly demanding and luxury profile clientele.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong, sense of responsibility and high ethics standards.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
- Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented. Honest and energetic work ethic.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to transport trays weighing up to 8 Kg.
[To send your CV please clcik here]