Business Development Manager
SEERC, Thessaloniki, Greece
The South East European Research Centre (SEERC) seeks candidates for the following full time position: Business Development Manager (BDM/2019).
SEERC is a research centre of CITY College, International Faculty of the University of Sheffield, based in Thessaloniki, Greece. SEERC's mission is to support the stable and smooth development of South-East Europe by conducting pure and applied research throughout and for the region. The Centre is conducting multidisciplinary research in the fields of:
- Enterprise, Innovation and Development
- Information and Communication Technologies
- From Synapses to Society: Psychology in a Multi-cultural World
- Language and Society: Linguistics, Education, Literature and Translation
The Centre participates actively in a variety of EU funded research and capacity building projects (mainly H0202 and Erasmus+) and has a wide network of partners with Europe and beyond. It currently employees 14 full time staff and trains 35 PhD candidates.
To learn more about the Centre and its activities, please visit its website at https://www.seerc.org/new/
Description of the position
The candidate will be expected to work with the Director and Deputy Director and achieve the following targets:
- Increase and diversify the funding and partner base of SEERC
- Develop from SEERC’s research a portfolio of products, services & toolkits that can be used in other projects
- Operationalize SEERC’s internal procedures, contribute to internal project monitoring & develop tools that could assist all SEERC staff members (as well as members of CITY College)
Detailed task description:
- Become the subject matter expert and “go-to” person for anything involving the specific business development, both internally and externally.
- Operationalize SEERC’s internal procedures (by developing internal structured policies & procedures).
- Develop tools that could assist all SEERC staff members (as well as members of CITY College).
- Develop tools to monitor & document all SEERC projects in a professional & standardized manner.
- Assist the Director to manage the relations with the existing SEERC network (project partners) by constantly acquainting them with the latest SEERC events/news and engaging with them in new funded projects & bid-writing.
- Identify gaps in SEERC’s network of contacts and identify new partners to fill the gaps by engaging with them in novel funded research consortia (that expand SEERC’s network).
- Identify available funding calls and prepare strategies/recommendations on what topics & through which networks SEERC should develop new proposals and partnerships.
- Engage in funding diversification exercises by maintaining both mainstream funding sources (H2020/Erasmus+) as well as alternative sources (Foundations, investment, outsourced R&D).
- Engage in bid-writing exercises as well as in project coordination/implementation.
- Provide appropriate support to other staff members in terms of network diversification, proposal writing & project management.
- Be directly engaged in project implementation
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of internal policies & tools implemented/developed
- Number of new partners materialized in (successful bids)
- Number of (successful) bids per year
- Income generated
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University graduate of any discipline (a Masters degree or PhD will be considered as asset).
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with EU funded projects. Working with H2020 projects will be an asset.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to create and sustain networks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of English is essential.
Deadline for applications: 23 October 2019
How to apply:
Applications including cover letter (explaining your interest, and suitability for this vacancy)
and curriculum vitae should be forwarded electronically to:
[To send your CV please click here.]
When applying please quote reference: BDM/2019.