Job Title: COVID 19 Hygiene Promoters
Location: Olive Groves (Moria area)
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. In response to the influx of refugees in Greece, The IRC Hellas has been working in Lesvos since June 2015.
Job Summary: As part of the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) intervention in Moria to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the COVID 19 Hygiene Promoters will be supporting the implementation of hygiene and health promotion activities with the support of community members and volunteers in close collaboration with other actors in the field. The role will implement RCCE activities in all of Moria including health zones (triage and isolation) as needed. Further it is expected to facilitate outreach activities to share important messaging to the asylum seekers residing in Moria, facilitate cultural mediation, CwC or FGD sessions, support with hygiene NFIs distribution. This position reports to EH Officer.
Key tasks and Responsibilities:
- Engage continuously with the refugee populations in the camp via RCCE, promoting key messages of COVID-19 prevention
- Identify (via ongoing programming) and support specifically vulnerable populations (elderly, persons with chronic illness, PWDs, pregnant and lactating mothers and children) with specific messaging and support in providing access to WASH services as needed
- Work in partnership with the host refugee populations in the camp, aid workers and authorities to promote safe WASH practices in line with the WASH strategy with a focus on COVID-19 key messages
- Ensure that the communities are continuously involved and kept up to date about project activities and developments
- Participate in distribution, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring of hygiene items on request
- Enhance communication and contact with communities by engaging with community members to discuss action plans, mobilize community participation and, through this, to act as a mentor throughout the planning and implementation processes
- Work with the EH Officers to collect, compile and submit all monitoring and evaluation data required to document project activities, and material and stock needs
- Support the monitoring of desludging, waste removal in support of EH assistants and report to EH Officers
- Carry out Hygiene Promotion, outreach, monitoring activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles
- Mobilize and engage community members throughout the programme
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
Selection Criteria and Skills:
- Hygiene Promoters will require Greek and English skills
- Other languages will be considered a plus (Dari, Farsi, Arabic or French)
- Prior knowledge of health, hygiene, teaching, or community development
- Affinity with and basic understanding of working with refugees
- Openness and willingness to work with people from different backgrounds
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community
- Excellent social, communication and listening skills
- Numeracy, and record keeping skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- All hygiene promoters are required to adhere to The IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in transit sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]