Camp Management Technical Assistant / InfoCentre
Duty station: Thessaloniki, Greece
Who we are:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization experienced in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. In the light of the high influx of migrants to the Greek islands, NRC has started an emergency response programme on the island of Chios in mid-October 2015. NRC directly assisted over 70,000 refugees and migrants, working together with the Greek authorities, humanitarian actors and volunteers to set up and maintain a dignified and efficient flow of refugees from arrival at the beach, via registration and reception facilities, to departure by boat or plane to mainland Greece. NRC Thessaloniki is now looking forward to cover the position of Camp Management Assistant – InfoCentre to respond to the humanitarian needs. Please visit our website at www.nrc.no to learn more.
What it is about:
The purpose of the Camp Management Assistant – InfoCentre position is to contribute to the implementation of the activities which NRC conducts in the infocentre in Thessaloniki and support the Camp Management Team Leader in the daily management of the centre.
What you’ll be doing:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the Camp Management according to plan of action
- Implement independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in his/her area of expertise
- In collaboration with the InfoCenter Admin Project Assistant, support the CM TL – InfoCenter in managing the NRC info center in Thessaloniki, including the assets related to the center (physical spaces, equipment, etc.) and the relation with the other agencies/authorities providing services inside the center.
- Support the CM TL – InfoCenter and the IM, Communication and Visibility department in collecting information about the Info center’s activities for accountability and donor reporting.
- Following guidance from the CM TL –InfoCenter, liaise with Shelter and Logistics departments to ensure timely and effective maintenance of the center’s facilities
- Interact and cooperate with volunteers participating in the activities of the Info center
- Provide suggestions and input for the design of NRC’s project activities inside the Infocenter.
- Interact with volunteers that might participate in NRC’s activities, making sure their schedule is well organized.
- Under the supervision of the CM TL – InfoCenter, contribute to the implementation of recreational and educational activities taking place inside and/or in connection to the Info center.
- Abide by NRC’s Communication and Visibility policies.
- Experience from working as an Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge and experience within a relevant administration, craft or technical field and ideally a relevant vocational qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Fluency in Greek, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Farsi or Kurdish, both oral and written, is preferred
- Political and cultural awareness, as well as good understanding of the refugee crisis in Greece.
- Post-secondary education social studies in related field
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
You should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct.
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s regulations and Greek labour law
The closing date for receipt of applications is 19-08-2017
(applications received after the deadline will not be considered).
Submit your application letter and updated CV in English to the following link
[Το send your CV please click here]
Greece location, Ref. nr.: 3532017390
Applications will be reviewed as and when they are received.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer, with no
discrimination in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.
Only selected candidates will be notified.