MTS City Breaks is a global supplier for on-line hotel accommodation, car rental, transfers and tours offering its services exclusively to travel agencies and tour operators. We have developed a fully integrated most complete and reliable content with the objective to provide to the Travel Agent & Tour operators best-priced hotel availability and product choice worldwide.
For our Finance & Accounting Team in MTS City Breaks, we are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and talented individual with strong team spirit who will use their expertise to drive a solid personal & team performance. We need passionate and committed individuals with a strong sense of excellence and outstanding technical expertise who want to make their mark.
It’s the perfect time to take the next solid step in your career!
In this role you will be reporting to the CFO (solid line) and to the General Manager (dotted line). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: general ledger accountability and periodical financial reporting, supervising a team of accountants, performing accounting transactions in certain areas of the accounting circuit with accuracy; the preparation/submission of account reconciliations timely; understanding and application of billing/revenue accounting processes & practices (the company operates under the VAT special regime), holding internal meetings, delegating tasks and responsibilities and delivering ad hoc reports as requested.
- Supervising an accounting team of 6 individuals.
- Maintaining an accurate ledger
- Carrying out of accounting procedures related to tax authorities’ liabilities (VAT, Social Security, Chambers of Commerce etc).
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet reports, profit and loss, and other statements on a monthly basis.
- Participation in the preparation of the yearly Budget, conducting reports for analyzing deviations vs Budget vs Prior Year’s results.
- Analysis & special comparative reports as requested by senior or upper management.
- Preparation of monthly cash flows, including the control of cash box.
- Supporting Group Cash Flow Coordinator in the daily planning of cash flows.
- Leading the transition to a new accounting system with the ability to resolve any issues evolved.
- Supporting the process of the annual statutory external audits.
- Planning, assigning, directing work, and managing employee performance.
- Training employees on accounting issues.
- Holding periodical departmental/inter-departmental meetings (credit committees, performance appraisal meetings, monthly departmental meetings).
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Master in Accounting or Finance will be considered an asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar capacity (preferably in the Tourism sector) with proven track history and supervisory background.
- Excellent command of English.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- PC Literacy – Word, Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with Panasoft software will be considered an asset.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Strong financial and analytical experience.
- Work ethic to help maintain/promote team morale.
- Results-driven personality, with energy, commitment and a passion for learning and development.
- Creative thinking, problem solving with ability to meet and maintain required performance standards.
- Co-operation with a high degree of independence within agreed policies and targets.
- Confidentiality and thoroughness.
MTS City Breaks offers:
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Private Insurance Coverage;
We strive to continuously improve our services and consistently exceed customers’ expectations.
The right person will …
- Be at their best in a fast-paced and very challenging environment where anything can happen in a day’s work
- Make things happen and turn resourcefulness into second nature
- Take immense pride in expertly managing time and priorities
- Love working in a strong team culture were positive communication and great ideas are considered a must
If you think you have what it takes you can send your CV and cover letter
[To send your CV please click here]
We are looking forward to hearing from you.