Purpose of this document:
This job description explains the specifics of a job to guide the selection process of new employees and to ensure that the jobholder knows what is expected at work.
Job title: Chief Steward
Reporting directly to: Director of Food and Beverage / Executive Chef / Executive Sou Chef
Responsible for: Food and Beverage production
Hours of work: 40 hours per week and as required
Location: Riyadh, Jeddah and as required
Scope and Purpose of the Position:
Under the direction of the Executive Chef or his delegate, and within the limits of established Policies and Procedures and Food and Beverage Manual, oversees and directs all aspects of the Stewarding Operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the function of all Stewarding Department employees, facitilies, operation and costs.
- Controls, on an on-going basis, the following: Quality levels of product and service, Guest satisfaction, Operating costs, Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Establishes and maintain such systems and methods of operation as are necessary to supply all outlets and production areas with clean, correct, and timely mies-en-place; minimizes cost through breakage, loss and excessive chemical usage and appropriate staff levels.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Executive Chef, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, on-the-job performance appraisal and coaching to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Develops formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training sessions for Stewarding Department employees.
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef and the Materials Manager in establishing minimum and maximum operating par-stocks and supplies. Approved storeroom requisitions.
- Attends and contributes to the weekly Food and Beverage Departmental meetings.
- Keeps up-to-date records which includes, but are not limited to, the following: Specifications, Costs, Breakage, Par-Stocks
- Implements the Gonerment Sanitation Check List as defined in the Food and Beverage Manual and takes corrective action as required.
- Participates in the preparation of the Kitchen and Food and Beverage Department Goals.
- Conducts all administrative work required, including, but not limited to the following: Attendance records, Duty roster, File on casual employees, Health inspection records
- Ensures cleanliness of all facilities and equipment.
- Schedules preventative maintenance work and coordinates with Engineering
- Works closely with Engineering for maintenance of areas and equipment.
- Initiates requisitions, miss-conduct reports, work and maintenance orders. Keeps log-books of personnel performance, complaints, problems and daily activities.
- Conducts inventories of operating equipment in coordination with Cost Control.
- Maintains close coordination with the Kitchen and Banqueting Team.Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- To attend any meeting or training sessions as required by management.
- To be conversant with:
a) The Government Fire Procedures
b) The Government Private Affairs Security Procedures
c) The Government Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
d) The Government facilities and attractions
e) Government operation standards and department procedures
3. To adhere to the Private Affairs policies and procedures for quality, environment and food safety.
Responsible for stock and materials in your control
- Service Team
- Beverage Team
- Banqueting Team
- Materials Department
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]