Call for CVs GR 19/18 Civil / Architect /Electrical /Mechanical Engineers
Position Title: Civil / Architect /Electrical /Mechanical Engineers
Duty Station: Athens, Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the incumbents are expected to:
1. In close coordination with the Program Manager will actively monitor the project implementation in the selected fields/camps to ensure compliance with all project agreements, as well as suggesting remedial actions as deemed necessary to the individual project or to the program as a whole.
2. Provide specific relevant engineering support during the development and implementation of the selected field / camp sites. This will include but will not be limited the following duties:
a) Preparation of project / Structural Designs, technical specifications and detailed bill of quantities including confidential cost estimations for the projects to be implemented in the area of responsibility;
b) Preparation of required tender documentation, including technical and administrative aspects;
c) In close cooperation with the Program Manager and Resource Management Unit conduct, the tendering process and selection of contractors, including preparation of agreements with selected contractors and project plans.
d) Monitor and supervise the work of contractors in the area of responsibility ensuring successful implementation of the projects, including among others: periodic revision of construction books and diaries, revision of project report prepared by the contractors, certificate of acceptance;
e) Provide technical advices and expertise to Municipal Focal Points and contractors during the development and implementation phases of the project;
f) Report timely and efficiently the Program Manager any identified problems or issues related to project implementation in the area of responsibility, including any suggested corrective measures.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
3. Assist the Program Manager in carrying out administrative and logistic tasks as assigned to ensure that established procedures and IOM and Donor’s rules and regulations on procurement are respected.
4. Assist with the preparation of reports, including accruals/progress reports related to the implemented projects as well as periodic narrative reports/updates, including data analysis and preparation of relevant statistics/charts.
5. Keep a close track of infrastructure project’s expenditures, including preparation of good/receipts reports (if needed) according to contractor’s deliverables in coordination with the Program Manager and Finance / Administration Department.
6. Create and maintenance of a central filing system in soft and hard copies, including proper filing of electronic and hard copies of all relevant documents per each project, such as but not limited to: design, drawings, technical specifications, BoQs, tender dossiers, construction diaries and books, correspondence with contractors and municipal counterparts, disbursement/payment records, and any other relevant documentation, ensuring the integrity of documentation and preserving the institutional memory.
7. Represent IOM in all meetings with relevant stakeholders in the area of responsibility and at central level, when requested.
8. Develop and maintain correct, open and professional communications with program beneficiaries, contractors, suppliers, other organizations active in the field as well as Donor and local and central authorities.
9. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
1. The position is subject to funding confirmation.
2. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
3. Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to [To send your CV please click here] email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/18 by 14th February, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Posting Period: 06.02.2019-14.02.2019.