Meeting Point Hellas is a subsidiary of Meeting Point International a leading Global Destination Management Company offering tailor-made products and concepts to a wide spectrum of Tour Operators and Travel Organizations worldwide. We provide first class destination management solutions such as; the provision of hotels, transfers, excursions, representation and all ground handling services.
As part of the FTI Touristic Group, Meeting Point is a worldwide company providing destination management services for travel professionals. Current destinations we operate in include popular Mediterranean holiday hot-spots such as: The Canaries, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Croatia and Cyprus, further afield resorts such as Azores, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Lebanon, and long-haul destinations such as USA, the Caribbean, Thailand, the UAE and Oman.
Meeting Point Hellas is looking for
(based in Athens)
Purpose of the job
The Commercial Manager (CM)is the general "point of contact" for all enquiries from existing B2B Clients such as Tour Operators (TO). Ensuring the competitiveness and driving growth as well as profitability of the client in the destination of focus. You will be part of our commercial Team located in Athens.
About the role /Key Responsibilities:
Risk management & monitoring
As the Core Role of the Job, which includes and not limited to the following:
- Rate of Sales (ROS) – Monitoring the TO sales performance by assessing the booking trend and patterns of daily, weekly or monthly booking intake according to the remaining time until arrival.
- Flights and Seats Monitoring – Monitoring flight seats availability of the TO and ensure number of hotel beds match the flight seats still available. Support of TO aviation risk by proactively supplying TO with competitive and sufficient hotel content tailored to remaining flight seat capacities.
- Manage unforeseeable circumstances, such as flight seat cancellations resulting in hotel occupancy drops. Hotel Commitments and Guarantee Monitoring – Ascertain highest occupancy at highest possible yield of risk hotel content of the Tour Operator or the MP DMC.
- Pricing strategy and yield management
- Choosing and applying mark-ups and pricing schemes according to a pricing strategy aiming at highest volumes at highest yield.
- Relate gross margin percentage per sales invoice to income statement using the right yield to obtain the right revenue. Selling the right room to the right customer at the right time Adjust and dynamically react to constantly changing competitor prices, customer preferences, budgets and demand levels.
Product development and market intelligence:
- Understand the landscape of Meeting Point’s major competition in the destination, their products and pricing strategies
- Familiarize with the tourism infrastructure in the destination by understanding the touristic suppliers such as hotels, attractions and other leisure installations
- Provide the TO with high quality products and packages that grant the client a competitive advantage by being the TO exclusively selling this product on the respective source markets as well as offering a good base of “me too” products. Support constant development of new products and keep up a diversified and high quality product portfolio according to clients’ needs.
- Familiarize yourself with the clients' source markets in order to recognize trends and changes in consumer behavior to understand, anticipate and fulfil assigned clients' new requirements as well as crucial needs. Understand Commercial Business Models such as: Flash Sales, Traditional Tour Operator, Last Minute, Online Bed banks, Groups / MICE and Tailor-made
- Understand the exchange rate that the TO is trading in fixed on their hedging rates. Understand the dynamics and details about distribution of the client be it via traditional brick and mortar travel agencies, online, wholesalers or others.
Further client sales potential:
- Fulfil the role as the ambassador of the client in the destinations, set budgets and sales targets for each client, update and report regular forecasts
- Develop a strategy with assigned clients outlining clear quantitative and qualitative objectives
- Set-up and constantly develop a product portfolio including hotel products and in-destination services that fit the client’s requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, economics or related fields
- 3-4 years sales experience in a DMC, travel agency or tour operator
- Business ownership & commitment
- English proficiency is a must, any other language is an asset
- Experience in the local tourism industry is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Team player, with excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Goal oriented. Quantitative analytical thinking and reporting skills
- Deal maker. Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Stress resistant and high capacity of working under pressure on tight deadlines
Please, send your application including a CV's in English, a recent photo
[To send your CV please click here]
with reference code CM/ATH/21.
Learn more about our Company, please visit us at: http://www.meeting-point.com/