Kanava Hotels & Resorts is currently recruiting a Complex Finance Manager. This is a full time job located in Athens. The right person for this position should have minimum 5 years of successful finance management experience.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the day-by-day-operation of the financial department. His/her main scope includes administering accounting policies and procedures, preparing and interpreting financial statements and management reports, assisting in budgetary control and all contractual matters in different areas.
Kanava Hotels & Resorts was created on 1989, having nowadays more than 220 employees and owning and managing in Santorini and Paros islands the following properties:
- Vedema Resort, member of the Luxury Collection brand of Marriott International Inc
- Mystique Hotel, member of the Luxury Collection brand of Marriott International Inc
- Istoria Hotel, member of the Design Hotels brand of Marriott International Inc
- Parilio Hotel, member of the Design Hotels brand of Marriott International Inc
- Acron Villas, member of Marriott Homes & Villas and
- Hommage Villa Collection, member of Marriott Homes & Villas
- Maintain the accounting records ensuring proper booking of transactions and safeguard that all accounting procedures comply with local tax and company requirements.
- Lead and supervise a team of financial assistants providing guidance in matters of accounting and financial reporting.
- Coordinate all aspects of the month and year end close making sure that all the necessary reconciliations are timely completed, and all GL & PL accounts are properly recorded.
- Lead and manage all direct and indirect tax compliance including VAT, VIES, withholding taxes etc.
- Coordinate and handle all functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payments, accruals, pre-payment amortization & asset depreciation.
- Responsible for the timely submission of Corporate documents to the general commercial registry and tax authorities when necessary
- Handle matters related with ESPA and development projects of the company.
- Liaise with company’s auditors and assist with the completion of the yearly audit.
- Prepare and present on a timely manner financial reports as requested by the Owners & the Director of Finance, such as Cash flows, Cost Scenarios, P&L analysis etc.
- Participate in the implementation of new accounting systems.
- Contribute to department and organization of any other projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, etc.
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
- Reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting (preferably postgraduate level)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Accounting Finance and Tax preferably in hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent use (both oral and written) of Greek & English language
- Strong accounting software knowledge, experience with Entersoft will be considered as an asset
- Ability to prioritize and deal with a multitude of high-profile projects at a time
- Team player and solution oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate effectively and motivate a team, towards the achievement of important organizational goals
Kanava S.A. offers:
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Dynamic, Friendly and Supportive working environment
- Continuous Training
- Great Opportunities for career development within the company or other hotel members of Marriott International Inc
At Kanava S.A we are proud to be committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please send us your CV with recent photo and any available references/recommendations. Resumes that do
not complete the requirements will not be taken into consideration.
[Το send your CV please click here]