Computer Class Facilitator
Athens, Attica, Greece, Operations, Part time
Does empowering people to claim their rights sound challenging to you? Do you think you can make a difference in the lives of the most marginalized people?
ActionAid Hellas (AAH) is searching for aComputer Class Facilitatorto join a global movement of committed individuals, working to further human rights and defeat poverty.
We are an independent, international organization that has been working since 1972 with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
The Computer Class Facilitator will:
- Facilitate computer courses, aiming at empowering and improving beneficiaries’ PC literacy with a special focus on migrants/refugee groups and women (E-mail, safe internet browsing, use of Microsoft Office)
- Provide beneficiaries with differentiated instruction according to their level of skills and experiences and facilitate tailor-made learning approaches, based on their needs
- Preparation of teaching material
- Apply equality in the classroom and provide students with proper support for a better learning experience
- Design instruction and implementation of lesson plans
We are currently recruiting a dynamic professional with an academic degree in Computer Science, or other related field and at least two (2) years of working experience in a similar position to facilitate computer courses for adults in ActionAid Hellas Community Center according to the community development approach and contribute to proper networking and referral process for the beneficiaries.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, along with a friendly work environment. We provide personal development opportunities, as well as opportunities to have a real impact on our societies. We embrace creativity and diversity. We operate as an equal opportunities’ employer, welcoming all applications regardless of gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or beliefs, etc.
Note: The position is part-time and fixed – term (6 hours/week, 9 months contract)
[To send your CV please click here.]
Applications deadline: 20th of September 2021.
Applications not accompanied by a motivation letter will be excluded from the selection process.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date. Should you not hear from us during this time, do not be disappointed. Keep on following us onfacebookandtwitter to find a job opening that matches your profile. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).