Computer Science Instructor
ACT (American College of Thessaloniki) in Greece
ACT (the American College of Thessaloniki), the tertiary division of Anatolia College, is seeking Computer Science Instructor(s). The position is a temporary part-time assignment (January 2020- April 2020) and may be renewable upon agreement of all parties.
The areas of interest to the Division of Technology and Science are:
- Object-Oriented Programming.
- Operating Systems & Networks.
The Computer Science Instructor provides the expertise and knowledge that supports the college curriculum and programs, establishes courses following accepted higher education standards, teaches students (lecture and/or laboratory) using a variety of effective methodologies, and engages students in learning activities. The incumbent can carry a teaching load up to 3 courses per term, with demonstrated expertise and experience in classroom teaching in area(s) of Computer Science, and participate in the activities of the Division and the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative technologies, methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develop and use a syllabus for each course (or laboratory) within college, discipline, and departmental guidelines and submit one copy to the department chair.
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials, appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles that assist them in meeting course objectives.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives, and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines.
- Learn and apply technologies that support student learning.
- Keep pace with developments in the discipline.
- Participate in discipline committee or program meetings and activities.
- Review, evaluate, and revise program curricula and practices to assure compliance with professional standards, and requirements of business/industry, and higher education.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or closely related field is required.
- Candidates holding a Master’s degree in the discipline will be considered but preference will be given to those who hold a Doctoral degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Before being hired to teach a course, the applicant must be registered in the College’s Teachers Registry of the Ministry of Education (Μητρώο Διδασκόντων Κολλεγίων).
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the development of Computer Science curriculum and course development
- Experience with current best practices in Computer Science lecture and lab instruction
- Leadership experience in an educational environment with sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Willingness and ability to teach day or evening classes
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a student-centered environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with and effectively manage a diverse professional, community and student population
- A minimum of one or more years of college level teaching experience or other relevant work experience is required. College level teaching experience at a US - accredited higher education institution is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to serve in an administrative capacity.
A complete application package must include:
(1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position,
(2) Complete Curriculum Vitae,
(3) List of at least two professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, interested applicants
are encouraged to submit their application package, in English
[To send your CV please click here]
with email subject “CompSci Instructor” by Monday, Dec 2nd 2019.