We are looking for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team of our
Grace Hotel Santorini, part of the Auberge Resorts Collection, as a
Cook A' / Chef de Partie
To ensure high standards of efficiency in the running of the department whilst always aiming for an increase in standards, profitability and staff development.
This position reports directly to the Head Chef.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards according to portion standards, within specific time frame, per check from servers.
- Managing the development and supervision of the Cooks C - Commis Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant(s).
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the ISO 22000:2005 Food safety Management System
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
- Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Hotel’s standards.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
- Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, skills & knowledge:
- Hospitality or Culinary Degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in 5 star / deluxe within the same role.
- Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of highly demanding and luxury profile clientele.
- Personal features include: Attention to detail, Initiative Flexibility, Good stress tolerance, Leadership and Works perfect in team.
- Ability to maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours.
[To send your CV please click here.]