Corporate Fundraising Officer
Reports to: Director of Communications & Fundraising
Duration: Indefinite contract
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF movement is built around 5 Operational Centers (OCs) supported by 21 sections and 24 associations, bound together as MSF International, based in Switzerland.
MSF Greece was founded in 1990 and currently employees 32 staff members. The section is a partner of MSF Spain within the OCBA (Operational Centre Barcelona - Athens) network. The organization’s primary objective is to support MSF’s global field operations mainly through recruitment of international personnel, fundraising, advocacy and representation.
Develop and implement a strategic plan, across multiple channels, for the growth and sustainability of Corporate and Foundations Fundraising for the support of MSF’s work and mission.
S/he is responsible for cultivating, enlarging and managing the Corporate and Foundations Donors’ base, lifecycle and level of cooperation. In particular, s/he will manage all relative personalized communication, one to one relationships and relevant mass marketing activities, by using all available or new FR tools and channels.
Responsibilities and tasks:
Under the guidance of the Communications & FR Director:
- Develops, implements, and monitors the Corporate FR strategic annual plan:
- Analyses existing and lapsed donors’ database to identify trends and to propose opportunities for growth.
- Analyses the market, using internal and external sources of information, to formulate the group of companies to target throughout the year for new collaborations, by taking into consideration all MSF Greece and International corporate FR standards.
- Conducts reactive and proactive corporate donor research
- Conducts mapping and segmentation of potential corporate donors
- Conducts data analysis and profiling of current and lapsed corporate donors
- Coordinates corporate donors’ cultivation, acquisition and lapsed donors’ reactivation program.
- Reinforces corporate partnerships through fully exploiting existing FR tools (e.g. employee giving, matched giving, cause related, rewarding program) as well as investigating, proposing and implementing new tools to achieve the objectives set.
- Proposes, develops and manages synergies, partnerships and sponsorships with corporate donors as well as Public Relations, Consultancy and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) agencies.
- Coordinates and implements on-line corporate fundraising activities to increase donors’ engagement, to reactivate or acquire new corporate donors.
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of the corporate area on www.msf.gr.
- Coordinates and implements the donation boxes program according to the relevant synergies.
- Manages the corporate in kind donations and seeks for in kind donations according to the needs.
- Participates in the International Corporate FR Working Group together with the Comms/FR Director.
- Cooperates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of the Corporate FR annual plan
- Proceeds in regular and personalized communication with existing and prospective Corporate donors and acts as key contact person with companies. Specifically:
- Cultivates relationships with high value corporate donors and prospect ones, by implementing a personalized line of communication, including customized communication, one to one meetings, exclusive information, reports or other materials about MSF activities.
- Develops tailor made project proposals and presentations to acquire new donors or achieve new types of cooperation.
- Implements and monitors a communication cycle with corporate donors, making welcome calls to new donors, producing and sending “thank you” letters and special acknowledgement material.
- Responds to special queries of corporate donors related to their donations and cooperation with MSF.
- Represents the organization in meetings with corporate donors and relevant events.
- Organizes, coordinates and participates in related events for Corporate Donors, including Loyalty events and other third party events of the Donors sector (e.g. conferences).
- Identifies new funding opportunities from Foundations and cultivates the relationship with them in cooperation with other departments. This responsibility includes:
- Mapping and segmentation of Foundations or private institutions in Greece and identification of potential funding opportunities for MSF projects or other MSF needs.
- Preparing and coordinating special appeals and funding proposals for specific projects/needs and/or emergencies to be submitted to Foundations.
- Coordinating acquisition and cultivation activities (loyalty communication cycle, meetings, networking, organization of / attendance to events).
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate studies will be considered a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in corporate fundraising
- Fluency in Greek and English both oral and written. Good command of French will be considered a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good command of IT tools (excel, word, power point).
- Commitment to MSF Values and Principles
- Cross cultural awareness
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results & Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning & Organization
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “CORPORATE FUNDRAISING OFFICER” in the subject line of the e-mail at:
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 07/10/2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted