Data Integration Principal Consultant
Athens, Greece – Ref: TRG DIP
Mission and tasks:
This position is for a large project implementing extensive requirements and business processes in the scientific and regulation area.
The Data Integration Principal Consultant will perform a wide range of duties including the following:
- Data and information strategy definition as part of overall enterprise architecture strategy;
- Plan and monitor projects, manage risks, including the development of contingency plans, issues and dependency logs;
- Be responsible in running projects on a day-to-day basis and producing the required products and results, to the required standards of quality and within the specified constraints of time and costs;
- Direct and motivate project teams as well as monitor their performance and activity;
- Prioritise workloads/timelines for teams and budgets;
- Collaborate and manage big data developers, data analysts and data quality teams;
- Be responsible for change control and any required configuration management;
- Apply Data Management principles and activities (including big and open data, spatial data, public and/or scientific data);
- Communicate with consuming systems and business users to identify their needs;
- Monitor operational aspects of the data integration process and interdependencies with other systems and lay out a communications plan;
- Be able to translate the business requirements into actionable work plans.
- Develop data analytics approaches in collaboration with the client.
The ideal candidate will be expected to possess the following:
- At least 7 years of proven experience and solid knowledge in the area of Information Technology, proven track record in managing large scale IT projects in European Institutions;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in big data architecture, data warehousing, data modelling and/or data analytics;
- Experience in managing projects with PRINCE2 is considered as an asset;
- Excellent writing skills – the individual will be required to produce professional reports;
- Ability to converse with people of differing technical expertise – a great balance of technical, commercial and people skills is required;
- Ability to manage the client’s expectations;
- Understanding of the various stages of the testing and quality process;
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks as well as plan and delegate responsibilities;
- Excellent communicational and organizational skills as well as sound judgement, and the ability to discern key issues and deal with them effectively;
- Ability to take initiatives, integrate in a team and monitor results and risks of IT projects;
- Ability to apply Disciplined Agile Delivery framework will be considered as an asset;
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken (C1 or higher);
- Flexibility for travelling and able to work in an international and multi-cultural environment.
What we offer:
The Company offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, opportunities to work abroad, outstanding career development within a prominent and dynamic multinational organization, as well as the conditions to express and develop both your expertise and your business development capabilities, in a multi-disciplinary and rewarding work environment.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English online.
[To send your CV please click here]
All inquiries and applications will be handled confidentially and acknowledged promptly.