Are you a qualified DevOps Engineer, interested for new challenges? Can you imagine yourself working for a "software house" that implements applications for the sports & entertainment sector? Our client's multinational teams are spread around the world and consist of experienced professionals who love what they're doing.
The position of the DevOps Automation Engineer is located in our client's offices in Athens' southern suburbs, and it's full time and permanent.
- Very attractive salary and benefits package
- Work in sports & entertainment sector
- Location (minimum traffic during rush hours)
- Work with multinational teams for large scale projects
- Exposure to modern technologies & techniques
- Work with experienced developers
- Further career opportunities
As a DevOps Automation Engineer you will be a member of team responsible to design and implement automated dynamic environments to support the needs of delivery teams in both host – and cloud – based infrastructure. You will also have the ability to analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous deployment demonstrating strong collaboration skills with functional and technical teams for delivering existing or new types of services.
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar position with experience with large scale distributed systems
- Proven skills in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
- Experience in Source control tools (SVN, Git) and build tools (e.g. Maven)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Rudy or Go would be considered as an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Web applications
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux and experience in administration and troubleshooting of Unix/Linux based operation system
- Experience with artifact repositories (e.g. Artifactory)
- Knowledge of hypervisor – based virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience in installation and configuration of Application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, Apache)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services and experience with deploying and running applications in the cloud
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Rackspace and/or AWS knowledge
- Familiarity with container – based virtualization (docker, docker-machine) and related containerizer options (CoreOS, Apache Mesos)
- Experience with Solr or ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ will be appreciated
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Jenkins CI, Rundeck)
- Good Administration skills in relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) and familiarity with NoSQL databases (deployment architectures, administration, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Good command of the English Language (written & verbal)
- Experience with related open source technologies such as Zookeeper, Kafka, Docker, Netty, etc. is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
For further info, please contact Maria Kassotaki
Please note that after the screening of all the CVs received, we will only contact the candidates who meet the requirements of the job to arrange an interview. All applications are considered strictly confidential.
Follow us on Linkedin - Facebook - Twitter
For articles and career tips visit our blog.
Click here to apply now