Job Details: Digital IC Verification and Validation Engineer
Full details of the job.
Vacancy Name Digital IC Verification and Validation Engineer
Location City Athens
Location Country Greece
Role also available in Leuven, Belgium; Thalwil, Switzerland
About u-blox u-blox (SIX:UBXN) is a global technology leader in positioning and wireless communication in automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Their smart and reliable solutions, services and products let people, vehicles, and machines determine their precise position and communicate wirelessly over cellular and short range networks. With a broad portfolio of chips, modules, and secure data services and connectivity, u blox is uniquely positioned to empower its customers to develop innovative and reliable solutions for the Internet of Things, quickly and cost effectively. With headquarters in Thalwil, Switzerland, the company is globally present with offices in Europe, Asia, and the USA. (www.u-blox.com)
IC Verification and Validation Engineer
To support the growing verification and validation activities of next-generation SoCs in positioning, cellular and short-range applications, u-blox Athens is looking for talented engineer with experience and high interest in Embedded FW and IC verification, validation for wireless communication SoCs.
To work in u-blox IC team you need to be committed, curious, creative, innovative, enthusiastic about new technologies, striving for excellence and willing to work in multicultural and multi-site context. You will be working in a growing international team in SoC verification and validation.
Key responsibilities for the successful candidate will be to own or co-own the IP and top-level verification, validation and activities using UVM verification simulation environments and platforms (FPGA, Emulation and Silicon) to develop embedded Software or UVM Tests required for IC verification, validation.
- Define Verification and Validation Goals to achieve.
- Develop Verification and Validation Plans based on specifications and team interactions (designers, architects, Test, Firmware, Analog).
- Execute the required verification defined int the Verification and Validation Plans using various platforms (Simulation, FPGA Prototypes, Emulation).
- Develop and update Firmware tests and scripts to verify and validate IP’s and/or SoC. These are to be used along with other Firmware tests to investigate potential design or test problems to achieve the Verification and Validation defined targets.
- Analyze Verification and Validation results.
- Investigate failing tests, identify failure root causes, report and track bugs.
- Creation of testbenches, tests and Verification Components in SystemVerilog using UVM.
- Documentation own work: specification and documentation of the developed FW API, Functions and Tests.
- Interact with different design and system teams located in multiple locations in Europe.
- PhD/MS or BS in electrical, electronic, or computing engineering.
- 3 to 7 years of industrial experience in IC verification, validation. Relevant Academic experiences are also welcomed.
- Verification oriented mindset.
- Good experience in embedded SW and FW development and associated flow for ARM based SoC (subsystems/top-level) verification, validation of Integrated Circuits preferably for wireless communication systems (Wifi, LTE, GPS/GNSS)
- Good understanding and practice of high-level programming languages (C/C++), Drivers, API’s, Object Oriented Programming.
- Firm experience, understanding and practice of Hardware description language (VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog) for verification is a must.
- Concrete experience in UVM and SystemVerilog Assertions, Functional Coverage are a big advantage.
- Experience in debug and investigation using Silicon and FPGA platforms is a big advantage.
- Rigorous, Autonomous, Self-motivated, Proactive, and well organized
- Objective driven and team-oriented mindset
- Good oral and written communication (English language)
- Authorized to work in country (Valid work permit, EU citizen)
Perks and Benefits
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Career growth opportunities
- Bonus Plan
- Share Plan
Benefits (Athens Location):
- Modern offices located in Maroussi region with nearby Metro, Suburban and Bus lines
- Hybrid work model (40% work from home)
- Wellness workplace (bread, juices, fruits, meal vouchers)
- Parking lot or public transportation subscription
- Health/Life insurance
- Pension Plan
- Relocation package
- 50% tax relief (EU citizens transferring their tax residence in Greece)
Learn more about u-blox and its mission by watching this video!
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief
Applications Close Date
Contact Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? Apply now! You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology.
We are looking forward to receiving your application
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]