Job Title: ESTIA II Senior Project Officer
Location: Thessaloniki, Greece
Reports to: ESTIA Program Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) was founded in 1943 by the US Catholic Conference of Bishops States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS has been working in Greece since 2015 in response to the refugee and migrant crisis, working in partnership with the national and local diocesan Caritas organizations in Greece.
As a lead for the ESTIA II project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through implementing and reporting on all project activities related to the urban accommodation program- ESTIA project objectives advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. You will also be responsible for providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
Program Quality Oversight:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Support accountability to project participants through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
Apartment Quality Assurance Oversight:
- Conduct monitoring visits to apartments based on project minimal standards for project participants
- Coordinate plans for repairs/ maintenance to ensure high quality apartments
Partnership and Coordination:
- Proactively engage and strengthen partnerships with Caritas Hellas team through regular communication and coordination meetings.
- Identify capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and coordinate capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation
- Serve as main point of contact between partner staff and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote quality implementation of project activities
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Provide guidance and technical support/orientation to implementing partner staff on urban accommodation
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations or social sciences would be a plus. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project implementation, ideally in the field of urban housing
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
- Ability to contribute to written reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Language: Fluency in Greek and English, both written and spoken
Travel Required: Non-Applicable
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: ESTIA II Program Manager, Maintenance Officer, Shelter Officers, Shelter Assistants, Procurement and Operations team
External: Caritas Hellas, Ministry of Migration, ESTIA implementing partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV in English
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “ESTIA II Senior Project Officer”.
The deadline is April 20th.