Title: Event Management Assistant
Duration: 1 month
Start Date: ASAP
Duty Station: Athens, Greece
In September 2018, the launch of the SURVIVOR project for engaging services for refugee and migrant women survivors of GBV, brought together key state institutions, namely the General Secretariat for Family Policy and Gender Equality and ‘KETHI’ (National Research Centre for Gender Equality) with the civil society actors CRWI Diotima and IRC, Hellas to implement a joint project. They were joined by EU consortium partners in Bulgaria, France, Italy and Germany aimed at enhancing the quality of and access to services for refugee and migrant GBV survivors in Greece and at strengthening GBV programming through transnational dialogue and sharing of GBV best practices, resources and tools in Greece and Europe.
The duration of the contract will be from November 2019 to mid December 2019.
The three days SURVIVOR Regional Workshop will take place from the 4th to 6th of December 2019.
Location: Athens, Greece
Outputs/ Deliverables: The following outputs will be delivered:
- Two full days event for SURVIVOR project partners in mutually agreeable venue attended by 15 guests
- One full day event for open regional workshop in mutually agreeable venue attended by 30 guests
The Event Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
- Organize a venue in Athens urban city for two days round table discussion and one day for open/public conference;
- In cooperation with the IRC’s supply chain department arrange tea/coffee and lunch breaks for guests (estimated for round table discussion 15 persons and for regional workshop 30 persons) for the three days event;
- Organise all individual per diem allowance & liquidation of expenses according to IRC financial procedures for all guests (6 in total) travelling from Italy, Germany, France and Bulgaria to Athens;
- Organise flight tickets and accommodation according to IRC’s travel policy for EU partners (6 in total) participating in the regional workshop;
- Be the focal point of EU participants for any outstanding issue that might come up during their travel to and from Athens;
- Arrange the accommodation of participants in Athens and manage any issues that might come up;
- Upon receiving consent from the participants, take photos during the roundtable and the workshop;
- Circulate invitation emails to all other NGOs and State actors in Greece for expressing interest of participation in the regional workshop;
- Pursue key guests and liaise with other participants to ensure attendance;
- Prepare the full transcript/list with name/designation of each participant participating in the one day open regional workshop;
- Keep record of attendance of participants, resource persons, guests in the workshop;
- Design name tags/badges for all participants, speakers etc.;
- Arrange all the logistic supplies (pens, notebooks) for the three days event;
- Ensure all required audio-visual equipment is available during the three days event;
- Welcome participants in the event: prepare and set- up a one-stop general information support service/information and attendance list kiosk for participants;
- Any other duty related to the event as assigned by the supervisor.
This position reports to: the IRC’s Gender-Based Violence Specialist
- Highly motivated and experienced in coordinating and planning events at international and national level;
- Ability to liaise with NGOs, government and other stakeholders in a professional and friendly manner;
- Applicants must be confident, persuasive, and able to communicate very well in both Greek and English;
- Excellent administration, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent team work and participatory process skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Strong computer skills
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
[To send your CV poease click here]