Position: Finance & Human Resources Assistant
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ MSF Covid-19 Project Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe. MSF Covid19 project will develop activities in the camp (health promotion in collaboration with other actors, technical support to triage, isolation and contact tracing activities), specific activities for the most vulnerable population.
Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to Administration Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labor and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager.
- Assist the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administration Manager
- Education: Desirable finance, business or administration related degree.
- Experience: Essential previous working experience of at least two (2) years in relevant jobs. Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs.
- Languages: Essential Greek and English.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential.
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address,
quoting reference code "Finance & HR Assistant" in the subject line
[To send your CV please clcik here]
Closing Date: 10/07/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.