Finance Assistant - Athens
Job Position Title: Finance Assistant
Country Program: IRC Greece
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 6 months
Scope of work:
Under the supervision of the Sr Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant handles all document collection, scanning’s, filing, recording/booking the cash & bank transactions daily.
- Bookkeeping of cash and bank expenses transactions under the supervision of the Sr Finance Officer.
- Find relative supporting files and documents for specific accounting entries.
- Collaborate with other IRC offices on gathering /sending needed documentation for the bookings.
- Prior to filing ensure that all documents have been stamped 'PAID' including any additional stamp or information that has to be filled in on specific documents.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash / bank disbursement vouchers.
- All files should be arranged in separately designated filing sites for cash, bank, and other documents
- Archiving finance documents as instructed by the Sr Finance Officer.
- Scanning all files separately for payments via cash and bank, accounting notes, contracts for construction and services and other docs.
- Creating relative online category files in a share folder and placing all scans with a designated file name relative to each category.
Any other tasks as requested by Sr Finance Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance or Economics,
- Minimum of three years in accounting/finance preferably in NGO.
- Must be able to function comfortably in a complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with staff.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills (especially excel).
- All IRC employees are required to adhere to The IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
- While in IRC sites, all IRC staff must wear appropriate IRC visibility.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with position.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]