Financial Officer for EU Projects - Kifissia
KMOP - Social Action and Innovation Center is an NGO with more than 40 years of accumulated experience in the provision of services to disadvantaged groups. KMOP’s main areas of expertise include social welfare, health, mental health and wellbeing, employability, education and skill development, human rights protection, migration and gender discrimination. Apart from direct provision of services through decentralised community based facilities, counseling and educational services, KMOP is also active in scientific research and in the provision of capacity building to public authorities and CSOs. KMOP is currently active in six counties: Greece, Albania, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Moldavia and Serbia.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Officer to join KMOP in our offices in Kifissia, to facilitate the efficient and effective financial monitoring of the EU funded projects’ department. The Financial Officer will perform budgeting, monitoring and reporting activities and will carry out important operational duties closely with the project management team, assuming responsibility for the overall projects’ success. Candidates must have excellent analytical skills as the role will require managing multiple resources towards the maximization of the projects’ impact. In addition, candidates should possess exceptional communication skills as they will act as the project’s financial management focal point in various international consortia.
- Monitor closely the Grant Contract Requirements and Donors’ Templates;
- Monitor project budgets closely and advice program Manager/Project coordinators on any issues of concern.
- Check expenditures against budgets, preparation of monthly expenditure reports and properly filing of financial documents;
- Ensure timely/Real-time and accurate recording of all project related financial Transaction in the organization’s financial monitoring system
- Assist with the quarterly, six-month and annual donor reports preparation;
- Submit Financial Reporting documentation whenever is requested by Project Guidelines;
- Support with preparation of calls and service contracts regarding potential service awards to external collaborators.
- Review EU/international project partners’ eligibility of expenses in accordance with the respective programme’s handbook
- Analyze and provide explanations to the Director on variances between forecasts, budget, and actual spent or/and unspent amounts;
- Cooperation with the accounting department on any issues related to monitor, tracking and processing of payments
- Facilitate smooth internal and external audits of donor contracts.
- Perform check and review in Grant, Consortium and Partnership agreements linked with programme and projects, when required;
- Excellent academic background, including a bachelor’s degree (a Master’s will be considered as an asset) in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of proven working experience in a Finance role.
- Experience in an NGO and/or European Programs, budgeting and reporting
- Working knowledge of ERP, CRM Software packages
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills as the role requires extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels;
- Strong language skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English.
- Proficient in MS Office.
[To send your CV please click here]
All applications will be treated as confidential.