A. Position identification:
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Job Grade: 4
Department: Front Office
Report directly: General Manager
Scope and General Purpose of Job: Direct, control and co-ordinate all Front Office operations to provide efficient, prompt, proactive and courteous services, thereby ensuring the hotel achieves its financial and guest satisfaction objectives.
B. Key result areas:
- Directs and co-ordinates all subordinate Front Office staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
- Co-ordinates with housekeeping to ensure that rooms are serviced according to guests’ requirements and vacant rooms are cleaned according to arrival schedules.
- Controls and monitors the room inventory to maximize the hotel yield ensuring strategically controlled overbooking during peak periods.
- Controls the maintenance and updating of guest history files and disbursement of relevant information ensuring guest requests and preferences are implemented whenever possible.
- Co-ordinates the procedures involved in the provision of guest in-room amenities
- Co-ordinates the procedures involved in guest recognition programs including VIPs
- Controls room rates implementing changes when necessary
- Conducts periodic checks on suites, villas and public areas to monitor standards of maintenance and housekeeping.
- Liaises with engineering to ensure swift response to villa maintenance problems.
- Oversees the library, ensuring adequate supply of books, magazines, newspapers, videos, CDs and games as well as the Business Centre operation.
- Ensures accurate and up to date information is available including tours and sightseeing, and makes the necessary bookings.
- Ensures that all guest billing procedures are handled correctly, minimizing rebates.
- Liaises with the transportation company to ensure efficient guest transfers.
- Liaises with Sales Offices and Reservation Offices to maximize business opportunities and ensure efficient handling of room reservations.
- Prepares, monitors and controls the hotel’s annual Front Office budget
- Maintain efficient administration within the department preparing and submitting operational reports on time.
- Ensures that employees are selected, trained, evaluated, and rewarded in compliance with existing employee management systems.
- Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employees.
- Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the hotel by maintaining effective relationships with hotel colleagues.
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Stays current with developments in the field of Front Office, and makes appropriate suggestions and recommendations to the General Manager.
- Is fully conversant with all health, safety, fire and emergency procedures.
- Maintains a high standard of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, and body language.
- Is polite and professional in any situation where the image or reputation of the hotel is represented.
- Attends meetings and training as required by the General Manager.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of local Law.
- nteracts with guests actively soliciting his feedback.
D. Performance evaluation cretiria
- Quantity and nature of guest comments and complaints.
- Control of inventory and maximization of yield.
- Staff training and development.
- Departmental expenditure vs. budget
- Provision of timely and accurate information.
- 4-7 years of related experience
- Education/Qualifications: Diploma / Degree Holder
Essential Job Skills:
- Good English Language skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of individuals
- Detailed knowledge of working practices of Front Office
- Strong administrative skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to cope with pressure
Desirable Job Skills:
- • Knowledge of local language, and any additional languages
- • Detailed knowledge of computer systems
- • Proven track record in hotel of similar standard in similar capacity
- In possession of all faculties
- Pleasant physical appearance
- Strong stamina
Level of Independence:
Makes decisions within policy. Is required to perform independently and proactively without strong guidance
Level of Thinking / Type of Thinking:
Difficult - may face situations that require modification of methods or techniques
Communication and Interpersonal skills:
Excellent interpersonal skills required. Interacts with colleagues and guests
Deals or negotiates in English. Advantageous to be able to deal in additional languages including local language
Confirmation of employment requirements:
- Proficiency in role at required level.
- Conversant with relevant emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of company, hotel and its environment.
- Knowledge of relevant safety and security procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant guest satisfaction standards.
- English language requirements met or exceeded.
[To send your CV please click here]