Front Office Manager
Scope and General Purpose:
To supervise and control all Front of House and Housekeeping areas to the standards laid down by the Company, maximising revenues and profits to agreed budgetary limits.
- To ensure that guests are greeted, checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously.
- To ensure that check-in procedures are strictly adhered to and that the correct address and charge out details are obtained from each guest.
- To be readily available at all times to deal with problems or complaints.
- To ensure that rooms have been serviced and maintained to the standards laid down by the Company.
- To ensure maximum room occupancy within agreed overbooking policy.
- To ensure that reservations are taken correctly and courteously.
- To ensure effective liaison between reservations and front office staff with other departments (e.g. housekeeping).
- To ensure that all charges are correctly entered on the guest's bill and that this is up to date at all times.
- To ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bills exceed the stipulated limit without prior approval and that written confirmation, purchase orders, or order numbers are on file.
- To ensure that accounts are balanced daily.
- To ensure effective and speedy check-out facilities.
- To ensure that luggage is delivered to and collected from rooms speedily.
- To ensure that enquiries and messages are dealt with courteously and efficiently.
- To ensure that all Front of House staff are correctly and smartly dressed at all times.
- To ensure that all Front of House areas are clean and tidy at all times, including cloakrooms.
- To ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- To ensure maximum security of all items left in safety deposit boxes.
- To carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that these are actioned without delay.
- To ensure that the Hotel Entrance is easily accessible to cars and taxis at all times.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all senior staff, identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring that this training is affected.
- To carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
- To hold regular meetings with all Heads of Department. To ensure that manning levels are correct and these are not exceeded without permission.
- To ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy - wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control.
- To act as Duty Manager when required.
- To attend Management Meetings as required.
- To circulate regularly throughout all Front of House areas, maintaining a high profile with guests and staff.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Only those who possess the above-mentioned requirements
will qualify for an interview and be contacted in due time.
We respect your privacy by adhering to the European
Union General Data Protection Regulation.
[To send your CV please click here.]