Job Title: Handyman- Full Time / Part time
Location: Greece - Greater Attica area
Reports To: Assistant Facility Manager
CBRE manages more than 1.7 billion square feet for corporate, institutional, not-for-profit and government space users around the world. By applying our knowledge, technology, procurement leverage and processes, our people are able to customize our delivery of services to any client’s culture and create a competitive advantage for the client.
The Handyman will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in client’s building. Performs a variety of basic, un-skilled technical tasks to maintain structures and grounds for assigned facility site.
Handyman will be supporting a number of activities such as; mailing, deliveries, office conditions checks, basic repairs and maintenance, QHSE (Quality Health and Safety) compliance works and any other service provided to the client. Further responsibilities include client relationship, reporting on a regular basis.
- High School Graduate or related experience
- Previous experience.
- Experience in working on commercial / office-based sites.
- Computer literate in MS office applications is desirable.
- Background and knowledge in property maintenance and technical skills will be a plus.
- Provides support and assistance to the facilities team to undertake minor maintenance and repair task.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Perform routine daily checks of the building based on the CBRE’s check list.
- Carry out small repairs on building fabric within personal capability and competency
- Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order.
- Rewiring, changing fuses, junction boxes etc. (light electrical works ensuring safety of the office)
- Minor plumbing and carpentry
- Repair equipment or appliances (where possible)
- Basic HVAC works within premises.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks
- Clearing or cleaning building common areas (not regular cleaning)
- Shifting furniture or equipment
- Assembling furniture or equipment
- Work in conjunction with projects team to support project works
- Uphold and embrace CBRE GWS Health and Safety requirements
- Carry out personal risk assessments of maintenance and repair activities, escalate to management in cases of concern.
- Deliver and collect mail and boxes (when required)
- Set up meeting rooms
- Deliver small moves
- Participate in training and development programs as agreed with Supervision
- Updating maintenance records either electronically or on paper-based system
- Assist/escort tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC repairs (might work on weekends as overtime)
- Supports monthly QHSE inspections and QHSE vendor management controls and checks
- Support and close collaboration with Assistant Facilities Manager on all aspects of QHSE (Quality Health and Safety) compliance works and reports
- Able to uphold requirements for self-presentation and appearance in accordance with expected standards.
- Ability to deliver work to a high standard.
- Demonstrates integrity and respect for others while in a variety of different working environments.
- Courteous and polite manner with an emphasis on Customer Service.
- Take responsibility and is accountable for own work.
- Demonstrate a focus on customer satisfaction
- Develop positive customer relationships
- Client first; understanding customer needs, good communication skills
- Operational excellence; competence to deliver, integrity, QHSE
[To send your CV please click here]