We are looking for a talented and self-driven individual to join the team
of our Grace Hotel Santorini, part of Auberge Resorts Collection, as a
The Head Waiter provides guidance and day to day supervision of the Food & Beverage departments in accordance with the high quality standards and objectives established by Auberge Resorts while ensuring the highest customer experience for the guests.
Part of the Food & Beverage management team, he/she is responsible for co-running of all aspects of the Restaurant and Bar, including Room Service and any activity related to F&B front and back of the house areas to ensure that highest quality of food, drinks and service procedures while actively cooperating with Kitchen department and its team.
The Head Waiter reports to the F&B Manager and the Assistant F&B Manager.
- Organise and supervise the efficient daily running of the Restaurant and Bar and its staff in accordance to hotel’s standards.
- Ensure first quality Food and Beverage service is delivered and relate with guests about their needs and satisfaction levels.
- Supervise the team with a hands-on approach, ensuring the correct completion of all required tasks in a timely fashion.
- Organise the staff schedule.
- Improve F&B sales revenues beyond budget and monitor costs.
- Supervise and support the cleaning, clearing and resetting dining room tables as needed.
- Ensure that serving stations are well-stocked at all times.
- Conduct pre-meal informational briefing with staff so that are knowledgeable about dishes, cooking methods, menu items, specials, etc.
- Train and supervise the correct Micros system procedures are in place.
- Supervise the accuracy of the guest check and collect payment or signature, as required.
- Ensure all the food & beverage equipment are well kept and clean.
- Ensure respect of safe food handling procedures and a safe-working environment.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Behave as a role model; communicate effectively with all employees, acting as a motivating influence, training all new team members.
- Maintain close and efficient communication with maintenance team with regards to any maintenance needed in the restaurant and bar, in order to ensure that the departments are constantly kept at an excellent condition.
- Cooperate with Executive Chef to monitor Food & Beverage stocks and perform regular inventories of all supplies.
- Develop a positive relationship with guests and all team members, whilst remaining professional and service orientated at all times.
- Implement all aspects of departmental training on the job functions.
- Perform other duties as requested or deemed necessary by the management.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 year previous experience in food service and hospitality.
- Excellent knowledge of Food and Beverage, including service, policies and procedures, wines and latest trends.
- Ability to control factors affecting budget.
- Talented in engaging with guests.
- Proven experience in managing the employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Able to deliver and exceed the expectations of highly demanding and luxury profile clientele.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong, sense of responsibility and high ethics standards.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
- Excellent knowledge of food and wine is a must as well as fine dining operations.
- Superior professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team.
- Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented. Honest and energetic work ethic.
- Ability to communicate clearly and elegantly in English.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to transport trays weighing up to 8 Kg.
[To send your CV please click here.]