The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), a neutral and independent humanitarian organization, has a vacancy at its Delegation in Athens for a resident position:
Health Field Officer in Detention (HFO) (M/F)
The HFO contributes to the implementation of the Protection objectives of the ICRC Mission in Greece. As part of a team, s/he contributes to the implementation, running and monitoring of ICRCs Health projects in cooperation with the health team under the supervision of the detention doctor, in close collaboration with the authorities. S/he has the capacity to assist the detention doctor in overseeing programs and contributes to planning and coordinating health activities at field level.
- Assists the ICRC detention doctor in the running of standard ICRC health activities in Greece and contributes to the activities of ICRC detention team;
- Ensures proper management of information collected and produces the subsequent reports.
- Collects and introduces monthly, quarterly and annual data in the medical activity database for each place of detention assisted.
- Carries out logistical tasks regarding medical items and their distribution to beneficiaries in the field.
- Liaises with logistic and financial department concerning the follow up of the distribution of medical and non-medical items (distribution tracking).
- Conducts assessments and field visits (as relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the target population.
- Facilitates field trips (as relevant) and helps communicate with the local population/victims /beneficiaries.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation’s objectives and priorities.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmes. May represent the ICRC vis-à-vis beneficiaries, local authorities, humanitarian players, armed groups etc.
- Capacities of self-training and integration of new tools and methodologies
- Good computer skills
- University degree in health or relevant profession (eg. Nursing, paramedical, psychology)
- Public health notions
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in relevant clinical context
- Previous experience in humanitarian organizations of health institutions
- Fluent in written and spoken Greek and English, any other language will be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Communication skills (spoken and written);
- Administrative and organizational skills (coordination, sharing information, etc.)
- Analytical and synthesis skills of data
- Capacity to work independently and/or with minimal supervision;
- Capacity to define priorities
- Capacity of adaptation, to work in team in a multicultural environment
- Team spirit and capacity to integrate a multidisciplinary approach
- Sense of responsibility and confidentiality
What we propose:
- Open ended contract with probation period
- Salary according to ICRC policy in Greece and previous experience (on 14 months basis)
- Additional Private Health insurance
- Monthly metro pass and participation to lunch tickets
- An opportunity to practice your professional skills in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
The ICRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications equally from men and women.
Please note that this vacancy is open only to nationals of Greece and to nationals of other countries with a residence and work permit in Greece
Please send your application (CV + Letter of motivation) in English to:
[To send your CV please click here.]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 24.09.2020