Position: Health Promoter – Urdu
Project: MSF Europe Migration
Location: Athens, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Develop and implement Health Promotion / IEC activities to the Refugee Population and MSF Patients to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the Project Coordinator.
- Under the guide of Project Coordinator, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to Project Coordinator: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Prepare and distribute material and information regarding COVID19 vaccination to the target population
- Support with crowd control and ensure smooth flow of beneficiaries in and out of the facilities, ensuring IPC measures are always respected
- Assist the registration of the beneficiaries on the vaccination platform
- Accompany beneficiaries to pharmacy or/and KEP for vaccination registration
- Raise awarness about COVID19 vaccination through social media, streetwork , communities and other actors.
- Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching
- Preferable previous experience in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization.
- Ability to develop, organise and work independent after collaboration with team / supervisor.
- Fluency in Urdu is mandatory (spoken & written).
- Good knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of French an advantage.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English quoting reference code
“Health Promoter Officer Urdu" in the subject line of the e-mail at:
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 28/07/2021
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted