Position: Health Promoter Officer Kurdish/Arabic
Project: MSF Europe Migration Projects
Location: Athens Day Care Centre
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (possibility of indefinite extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF), we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, ethnicities, religions, beliefs, and ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
Implement Health Promotion / IEC activities to the Refugee Population and MSF Patients to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform Refugee Population in urban area of Athens and MSF Patients about the services MSF provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of Health Promotion Supervisor.
- Under the guide of Health Promotion Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education, and communication.
- Education: Desirable diploma in social sciences, communication, nursing or teaching.
- Experience: Desirable 1 year of previous experience in MSF and/or previous experience in other NGOs.
- Languages: Essential English and/or Greek Mandatory: Kurdish and Arabic.
- Ability to develop, organize and work independent after collaboration with team / supervisor.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Health Private insurance.
Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “Health Promoter Officer Kurdish/Arabic" in the subject line of the e-mail at:
Closing Date: 10/07/2022
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted