Position: Health Promoter Supervisor
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ MSF Covid-19 Project Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe. MSF Covid19 project will develop activities in the camp (health promotion in collaboration with other actors, technical support to triage, isolation and contact tracing activities) and specific activities for the most vulnerable population.
In close collaboration with the HP Activities Manager, implementing and supervising health promotion strategy and activities according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of COVID 19, and health facilities COVID 19 in the project area
- In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members of the MSF activities related to COVID 19
- Organizing health awareness sessions for MSF's medical and non-medical staff
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population, and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organizing, training, and supervising the HP team in terms of planning and organizing their work, supporting, evaluating and coaching of personnel, collecting reports and reporting the activities of each health worker and regularly visiting communities that are under his/her responsibility
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Ensuring cleanliness of IEC (information, education and communication) areas
- Collecting and reporting to the HP manager any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient
- Collecting and reporting any kind of information related to the context to the HP manager
- Build a trusting working relationship with community representatives and community groups
- Participate in HP and CWC meetings and represent the MSF HP activities
- Build connections with community representatives and actors for creating a channel of communication on rumors, threats and potential security hazards
- Build strong connections with other actors, follow up on the evolvement of needs and of different activities inside and around Moria camp.
- Be familiar with community engagement methods, hold community meetings and community group discussions to promote and assess impact of MSF medical activities and community needs.
- Be able to create visual materials and tools for promoting accurate information.
- Be able to create information collection tools in order to monitor requests, health gaps, rumors and vulnerabilities
- Share rumors and information related to security with PMR and Field Coordinator.
- Support HP officers acquire the necessary materials for running HP activities.
- Organize transportation of HP officers in the camp of Moria.
- Support HP Manager with informing the HP strategy based on the needs of the field.
- Education: Essential diploma in social sciences or education/pedagogy / or social work
- Experience: Essential working experience in MSF (1-year minimum) in health promotion activities, or training-education activities
- Languages: Essential English and Greek
- Knowledge: Desirable basic computer skills
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English to the following email address, quoting
reference code "HP Supervisor Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail:
[To send your CV please click here]
Closing Date: 29/05/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.