Job Title: HELIOS Program Manager
Reports To: Head of Programming
Country / Location: Athens Greece
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Country Program (CP) Hellenic Integration Support for Beneficiaries of International Protection- HELIOS Project ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of HELIOS Project.
Integration Program Quality:
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight of HELIOS throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Provide strategic oversight of accommodation, rental subsidy, helpline and integration courses component implementation, including identifying gaps for additional technical support or guidance
- Support staff and partners to update risk matrices, including identifying potential challenges and proactively suggesting solutions
- Utilize project data to make collaborative, timely, and informed decisions to ensure that project activities deliver intended impact to beneficiaries within project timeframe
- Lead the development of program learning - identify opportunities for learning, research and documentation of integration programming, in line with CRS MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Ensure integration of innovations and best practices.
- Effectively manage and supervise talent for HELIOS Project. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Oversee technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of HELIOS in line with agency, regional, and Country Program. Serve as the technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals per agency and donor standards. Contribute to budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
Partnership and Coordination:
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to HELIOS with the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Represent CRS and partners at coordination and project stakeholder meetings
Donor Engagement and Accountability:
- Ensure timely and appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Engage regularly with project stakeholders throughout project implementation and strengthen donor relationships.
- Coordinate reporting and provision of accurate and up to date information to project stakeholders
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of Social Sciences required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of Humanitarian Response or Refugee Integration, including previous experience with accommodation/ shelter and/or cash-based programming preferred.
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
- Experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors.
- Strong communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write concise reports
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience preferred
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Travel Required: 20-25% in country travel (Attica and Thessaloniki)
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: HELIOS Senior Project Officers (Accommodation, Capacity-Building, and Data Management)
Internal: HELIOS Project Officers, HELIOS Helpline, MEAL Manager, Project Managers,
External: Donor, Caritas Athens, Caritas Hellas, Consortium Members
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
[To send your CV please click here]