Hotel MICE Manager – Radisson Blu Park Hotel Athens
Position/Title: Hotel MICE Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Background & Previous experience: Minimum of 5+ years in Hotel MICE business in 4 & 5 star city hotels
Roles & Responsibilities:
The MICE Manager is responsible for all hotel meetings, incentives, corporate and events business. Acts as the main communication link with the client along the entire implementation period of the event.
In addition, he/she is responsible for rental revenue, yield strategies, market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Strategies will include pricing, status, direct sales, market mix, marketing, and public relations. Candidates must have a dynamic leadership style, possessing excellent communication and decision-making skills and an astute business acumen.
- Handling of all combined MICE groups & individual corporate event requests.
- Execute banquet & group contracts, secure deposits and structure pricing for events.
- Negotiate pricing, prepare and send out proposals and contracts for combined groups & individual events and conduct event orders (BEO).
- Develop floor plans and arrange guest site inspections & conduct site visits.
- Establish new accounts and increase banquet sales.
- Negotiate contractual agreements and maintain accurate client files including billing, while delivering a high standard.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Develop rates, MICE deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Prepare, implement and compile data for the strategic MICE plan, monthly reports, annual goals, events and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Bachelor’s degree required in hospitality or other major;
- Previous experience in managing corporate events is highly appreciated;
- Minimum five years of similar experience in the upscale hotel industry;
- Excellent abilities in: planning, working with budgets, task organization, time and team management and working with people;
- A good understanding of the logistic side of event planning & production;
- Excellent communication abilities, strong negotiation skills;
- Attention to details, seriousness, a positive attitude towards work;
- Proactive, positive and energetic personality;
- English, advanced level is required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PMS, preferably Opera.
If you are interested in this position please e-mail your resume, motivation letter and recent picture to the following address:
[To send your CV please click here]
All applications will be treated as strictly confidentially.