Randstad is looking for an ICT Database & Backup Administrator on behalf of ZeniΘ, the 1st provider of integrated energy in Greece, with natural gas and electricity! The company aims to cover the energy needs of modern Greek families, businesses, and industrial plants and to offer integrated energy solutions to its customers across Greece. The company’s successful and long progress is based both on the significant benefits of natural gas and on the priority given to the satisfaction of the customers’ needs- residentials and corporate- by providing high level, safe and reliable services. “We give energy” every moment!
Who you are
- You wish to make your next career step as an ICT Database & Backup Administrator
- You are knowledgeable in database programming techniques
- You want to develop your career by joining a leading company like ZeniΘ
If all the above sounds appealing to you, then this role as an ICT Database & Backup Administrator is what you are looking for!
The ICT Database & Backup Administrator position is full-time and permanent. You may work at ΖeniΘ premises in Athens, or in Thessaloniki. Also, hybrid work is provided.
Zeniθ offers employee benefits with the aim to reward our people fairly and with engagement elements such as:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Private medical insurance
- Private pension plan
- Monthly ticket restaurant, besides the salary package
- Ability to work in a hybrid model
- Continuous educational and growth opportunities, financed by the company
- Friendly working environment with amazing colleagues
- Employees’ discount program on company’s products (gas & electricity)
- Enrichment of technical skills with the new technology stack
- Working in a multinational environment
What will you do as a Microsoft Database Administrator:
- Installs, configures and manages database management systems
- Reviews, develops, and designs data models using standard diagramming techniques, creates logical data models and translates into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Monitors relational databases to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases; addresses a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning issues (plan growth & change), and new applications
- Responsible for daily database operational tasks that would include configurations, performance, backup, recovery, disaster recovery scenarios and manage data in a secure, reliable, and highly available system environment.
- Maintains availability and integrity of databases through multiple access schemes; facilitates sharing of common data by overseeing proper key and index management and data dictionary maintenance
- Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in databases in coordination with the Information Security Officer against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Creates and maintains users and roles, assign privileges (monitors user access and security)
- Perform hardening based on technical standards on RDBMS systems
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control, testing processes for modifications to databases
- Manage backup and data restoration operations and is responsible for application backup security in accordance with defined policies and procedures (developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans)
- Revises company definition of data as defined in data dictionary. Reviews procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database
- Directs the maintenance, installation, and testing of new releases of database software (DBMS)
- Evaluates and recommends testing and evaluation of new procedures, software, and hardware
- Performs database tuning and performance monitoring, application tuning
- Drafts and maintains relevant documentation and standards
- Participates in various projects of the ICT Department and works closely with Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Data remains consistent across the database
- Data is clearly defined
- Users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- Provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency) in collaboration with ISO
What do you need to have in order to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Master’s degree in a similar field would be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, basic networking principles
- 8 + years hands-on experience and knowledge of and ability in database programming techniques, such as application development, maintenance, documentation, testing, debugging and computer operations
- Excellent and proven knowledge in database design, user coordination, backup, recovery, overall performance, and database security
- Very good knowledge in the development, test, and production of RDBMS environments
- Excellent knowledge and hands- on experience in SQL Server Database Administration/ Management
- Installation, upgrade, backup/restore and maintenance of Database Systems, Database Performance Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server clustering, Database replication/mirroring, Database Security Evaluation and design of interfaces between SQL Server Databases and external systems, Program design and standard query language (SQL) tools
- Knowledge of Programming/query/markup PL(pg)SQL, JAVA(JDBC basic).
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools desirable
- 5+ years hands on or more on Dynamics 365 CRM experience or similar
- Modeling and Data mining tools experience
- Deep Knowledge of the gas or electricity market
- Understanding of MS applications such as CRM/ERP and coding languages i.e., Microsoft SQL and .NET
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) will be considered an asset
- Excellent negotiation skills and problem solving
- Strong communication skills to speak with a wide-ranging audience - establish working relationships and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work autonomously or in groups
- Responsibility and efficiency
- Openly share knowledge with other teams
- Understanding of business processes and metrics by which the process is measured
- Ability to keep up with industry trends and suggest best practices for process improvement in Core Applications,
- Ability to identify opportunities for system enabled process improvement
- Understanding of application functionality and configurations,
- Understanding cross-system and cross-module impact
- Sets priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines
- Collaborative problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent use of English language (written/verbal)
- Expert in MS Office-Project management tools
- Valid driving license
I'm Elena and you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 694 026 4602 to discuss this opportunity further!
In case your application advances to the next stage, you may be automatically invited to submit a video, answering a few interview questions.
Please note that for transparency and equity reasons, only those applications made online via our site will be assessed. After the screening of all the CVs received, we will only contact the candidates who meet the requirements of the job to arrange an interview. All applications are considered strictly confidential.
Πατήστε εδώ για να κάνετε αίτηση τώρα