Job Title: IT Senior Officer
Contract: Fixed Term, 6 months with possibility of renewal
Hours: Full Time
Background/IRC Summary: The IT Sr. Officer will contribute to the goals of the IRC by supporting the organisation’s IT systems and providing high quality customer service to our staff.
Job Overview/Summary: The IT Sr. Officer will be primarily responsible for supporting staff in their use of IT systems and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure, staff training and operations of IT activities in the IRC offices in Greece (70%) (Athens, Mytilene, Chios and Samos) and in Germany, Italy and Serbia (30%). The IT Sr. Officer will work closely with the Head of Office in Greece Country Program and the Regional IT Director for Europe, the Middle East & North Africa and all programme sectors to ensure proper ICT functioning and support.
Reports to: Head of Office in Greece Country Program and the Regional IT Director for Europe, the Middle East & North Africa
(1) Installation & Configuration of:
- Servers, desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals.
- Local Area Network, wireless network, essential network services peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
- Windows 7 & 10 operating system.
(2) Maintenance, Repair & Security:
- Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources.
- Create, implement and manage backup solutions for office/individual users and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
- Update appropriate network security and data loss prevention procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data.
- Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
- Create and maintain network documentation to include IP address, system access, email creation system, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
- Closely collaborate with International and HQ IT team on helpdesk, connectivity and other in country and global IRC IT projects.
- Ιnvestigate local Internet connectivity options to obtain adequate bandwidth for Intranet and application connectivity.
(3) Training, Evaluation, & Testing:
- Develop and implement user and support staff training, including training on basic care and maintenance of computers and equipment for users.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Prepare and submit reports that provide sufficient detail for HQ to understand the country office’s computer environment, needs, IT staff availability and skill levels and future plans.
(4) Policies & Protocols:
- Develop appropriate protocols for regular maintenance of all IRC computer related equipment.
- Identify through tender process, as per standard IRC policies and procedures, local supply chain for IRC IT requirements in Region.
- Be responsible for information security and data protection compliance in the Greece country programme and elsewhere in the region.
(5) Warehouse management (Athens):
- Implement standard warehouse documentation processes such as delivery Report, Waybills, Store Re lease, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards.
- Ensuring that all assets are controlled and managed properly in accordance to donor-specific polices.
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC assets management policies and procedures.
- Update the Asset register, and the inventory list for assets and expendable store and produce monthly reports.
- Participate in, and provide accurate reports for Year-end counts exercise
- Relevant qualification and/or experience of networking, including both hardware and software configuration. Ideally MCSE/CCNA level.
- Excellent communication and written skills (both English and Greek)
- Strong focus on customer service.
- At least three years’ experience in IT profession
- Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Experience with using Office 365 and with configuring and administering Windows server and operating systems
- Experience of managing external suppliers
- Familiar with the GDPR regulation.
- Experience of troubleshooting and frontline support in a busy office environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP platform
- Experience providing IT support for financial systems, preferably SUN.
Working schedule: Office hours Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00
[To sens your CV please click here]