Call for CVs GR 19/82 Information Management Coordinator
Position Title: Information Management Coordinator
Duty Station: Athens, Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants..
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organisation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Coordinator the incumbent is expected to:
- Provide overall coordination of information and data management in the scope of the HELIOS project.
- Supervise a team of Information Management Assistants.
- Develop the relevant SOPs for Data Collection, Data Storage & Data Sharing – compliance with IOM Data Protection Principles & GDPR.
- Develop a common Information Management strategy with partners. Oversee the implementation of the Data Sharing Agreement with program partners.
- Develop and implement Information Management systems: Population monitoring and Program monitoring (indicators, outputs etc.).
- Support and lead the creation of a database for the purposes of the project.
- Supervise the data collection, data analysis; qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Develop reports for all analysed data.
- Monitor feedback mechanism output to depict trends and conclusions. Develop a standardized system (tool) for collecting feedback for program activities.
- Embed tools for the monitoring of the requested by donors’ indicators, for reporting purposes.
- Conduct data management trainings to field staff: IOM Data Protection Principles, Data Collection, Data Storage & Data Sharing, appropriate use of the population lists.
- Overall supervision of the collected data from the field to the donor, Ministries and partners.
- Performs such other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of related work experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities and stakeholders, working in international organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and prepare clear and concise formal correspondence and project reports.
- Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment and office software packages. Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge and, preferably, experience in leading the process of developing databases for highly complex datasets
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines.
- Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles
Fluency in Greek and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioural competencies:
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism;
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
- Drivers’ license with practical experience required.
- The position is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English,
[Για να στείλετε το βιογραφικό σας, κάντε κλικ εδώ.]
quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 19/82 by 22nd September, 2019
at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting Period: 13.09.2019 - 22.09.2019.