Integration Learning Center Team Leader
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Greece since December 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible and enthusiastic professional to work for its Office in Athens (Attica Greece) as a. Under the supervision of the Urban Project Manager and with the technical guidance from the Education Coordinator, the will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation and management of the education project activities in the ILC in Attica.
3. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the managerial supervision of Urban Project Manager, the Integration Learning Center Team Leader will coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities providing on-going support to staff, educators, cultural mediators and those working with children and adults, and ensuring the child safeguarding and participation policies of DRC are strictly adhered to.
- The main responsibilities include:
- Line manage Educators, the CFS Assistant and Cultural Mediators, assists with recruitments and all HR issues
- Ensure that the education program activities follow appropriate programmatic curricula and that protection concerns and considerations are effectively mainstreamed;
- Responsible for the support and supervision of educators, CFS facilitators and cultural mediators within the integration program and for \ delivery of high-quality program in line with the education objectives;
- Ensure proper monitoring and evaluation and that relevant project data (attendance lists, lesson plans) is accurately collected and updated on a weekly and monthly basis, including breakdown of age and gender;
- Provision of information and advice to beneficiaries on the integration programs;
- Create an environment of trust for beneficiaries, follow up on skills learned in program and create linkages with host community;
- Plan and coordinate distribution of teaching and learning material, including stationery;
- Conduct staff performance reviews of educators, CFS facilitators and cultural mediators;
- Contribute to the preparation of project reports and ensure that data collection and reporting is performed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure the effective implementation of procurement procedures in collaboration with relevant departments, as well as of Finance/admin processes through proper documentation for inventory record keeping;
- Contributing to the reinforcement of existing communication with persons of concern throughout DRC units and promoting the right to education;
- Responsible to ensure all administrative and filing requirements are in place in the ILC;
- Report any potential protection issues/risks identified in the integration facilities to her/his supervisor;
In addition to the above, the Integration Learning Center Team Leader may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Urban Project Manager.
4. Required Qualifications:
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least two years working experience in a related field; previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
- Excellent verbal and written English and Greek skills are required
- Experience in managing and implementing educational programmes
- Experience in management of interdisciplinary teams
- Experience of community-based or community mobilization work in a humanitarian context is a strong advantage
- Experience in providing recreational activities to children (drama, play, games, circus, sport, storytelling, drawing/painting, artistic activities, music, dancing) will be highly appreciated
- Strong computer skills
5. Required Skills & Qualities:
- Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills is a must, and a good sense of humor
6. Terms & Conditions:
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law (this is a national position)
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in Attika (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply
7. Application Process:
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line: [To send your CV please click here.].
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process. However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot systemically sponsor non-EU citizen or non-Greek resident for all the steps of legal process to get a work permit and/or a residency permit in Greece.
Applications close on the 1st of May 2019. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.